Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
try to make this short.2009 1200 tnt shortie. changed fuel filters in tank, (updated to a 3 times bigger one like the 2010's to present have,$27.00) and canister 1 above battery near steering column. both were dirty with what looked like rust in the gas,only 2000 miles. blaming middle of nowhere lodge and resort gas from up north. (looked in tank, it was spotless) anyway ski too wanted $148 for whole assembly for canister filter. bought the EXACTLY CORRECT one from napa for 4 BUCKS. it is a napa gold series filter #3095, called dealer and told them and they were happy to know for future customers cause they are forced to order whole assembly. was experiencing intermittent power loss at 75-80 mph. this forum helped me identify the problem and great directions on how to change these filters. hopefully solved. need snow to find out. SAVED ME $148 BUCKS!!!!! exact identical filter

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wonder if that same Napa # would cover the ones on the 2010's?

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,653 Posts
I wonder if that same Napa # would cover the ones on the 2010's?
Yes it will, its just the canister one thats up by the steering post. The one in the tank is just a sock type and can be just cleaned if needed.

We no longer have a NAPA in town but here is the Car Quest p# CFI 86095.

-Grover

·
Registered
464 Posts
Alternative way to check the filter in the tank! Seriously though good info on the auto parts store option!
Ummm.....yeah.... ......

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice find! Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
try to make this short.2009 1200 tnt shortie. changed fuel filters in tank, (updated to a 3 times bigger one like the 2010's to present have,$27.00) and canister 1 above battery near steering column. both were dirty with what looked like rust in the gas,only 2000 miles. blaming middle of nowhere lodge and resort gas from up north. (looked in tank, it was spotless) anyway ski too wanted $148 for whole assembly for canister filter. bought the EXACTLY CORRECT one from napa for 4 BUCKS. it is a napa gold series filter #3095, called dealer and told them and they were happy to know for future customers cause they are forced to order whole assembly. was experiencing intermittent power loss at 75-80 mph. this forum helped me identify the problem and great directions on how to change these filters. hopefully solved. need snow to find out. SAVED ME $148 BUCKS!!!!! exact identical filter
Gary, the napa # 3095 is that for the filter in the canister? or is it the steel one? Do you have a Napa # for all filters? I took both my sleds apart last night and i want to change them all with aftermarket if possible.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Gary i went to NAPA today to get the filter in the canister. the Napa # 3095 you gave is for the steel one up by the steering colum. That number also crosses over to a WIX # 33095. Do you have the # for the one in the canister?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gary i went to NAPA today to get the filter in the canister. the Napa # 3095 you gave is for the steel one up by the steering colum. That number also crosses over to a WIX # 33095. Do you have the # for the one in the canister?
the part number for the one in the canister in the tank is 415129451 from ski doo. never tried this one at napa. its bout $27. this would be the number used to cross reference though. i don't think napa would, this is an updated filter from the o9's to current. looks like a little mini sock. do a search on( fuel filter update) in xr forum. some great help in there. it is prob 3x bigger than the 1 in there. correction u have a 2011. same as whats in there. 09's were only small ones

·
Registered
325 Posts
how often should it be changed???
It all depends on the fuel u got. one bad fill up and the filter is bad. You could go 10 years with it being ok or you may not even get through a season . If it is something you can do and dont have to take it to a dealer i would say do it as a yearly maintance check. if you dont mind tinkering.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how often should it be changed???
i personally will not worry about it again for a long time unless it starts acting up again. gonna try the best i can to ensure good gas is going in. trying to avoid out in the middle of nowhere lodge and bar gas. 4-tec fuel milage should help in this regard, possibly a fuel caddy

·
Registered
371 Posts
The rust is possibly (probably) caused by excess water in the system, due to ethanol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is the napa gold filter #3095 on a low pressure line?
My auto parts dealer says this filter will not hold up to the high pressure of fuel injection.
I told him what I was putting it on and thats what he said.

Thanks Grayhd

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 3095 filter is for a car with throttle body fuel injection, intended for very low system pressure, 7 to 15 lbs depending on vehicle. I looked at this one years ago with my SDI sleds and was not able to confirm if the canister could take the pressure and also if the filter media would hold up to the pressure without breaking down and causing more problems in the injectors so I passed on it. We use NAPA filters in our shop all the time and I taked directly to the filter company technical rep about this one.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Dang, so now we have to buy the whole assembly from Doo? Anyone using the napa filter w/o issues? What is the psi of the 4-tecs fuel system?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts