Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 MXZX 850 Black
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my 2009 800r Adrenaline for a season now and put on 1800 miles on it. The sled has done everything I have wanted it to and more. It is running 1.25 Ripsaw with 126 studs. I am getting ancy and would like to get some more holeshot/topend out of it. I have read around for a couple days and have seen that I can do that a couple ways. Regearing and/or clutch kit. I am understanding to do both of those but I just don't want to loose any top speed. I want an improvement. What are some recommendations? I know there are clutch kits out there but I am leary about those since you hear good and bad about all of them. I am sure I am forgetting some things and will fill in as I go. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
What's your budget? Makes a world of difference. You can always do a BB kit with port job. Billy Howard's clutch kit is said to gain on the top end. People swear by the Bondi air box. How are your shocks? Wont make it go faster but helps a lot in the smile factor. NOS? Powderlites are working on a fan for the 800!!!!

·
Registered
2022 MXZX 850 Black
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your budget? Makes a world of difference. You can always do a BB kit with port job. Billy Howard's clutch kit is said to gain on the top end. People swear by the Bondi air box. How are your shocks? Wont make it go faster but helps a lot in the smile factor. NOS? Powderlites are working on a fan for the 800!!!!
Thank you for the respsonses so far. I failed to mention a couple of things. I do not want to make any motor modifications porting, heads, etc since I don't want to decrease reliability. I am thinking basic things I can do gearing, clutching, rejetting. Apologize that I didn't state that the first time. As for the budget, I am thinking 300-500 bucks.

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Thank you for the respsonses so far. I failed to mention a couple of things. I do not want to make any motor modifications porting, heads, etc since I don't want to decrease reliability. I am thinking basic things I can do gearing, clutching, rejetting. Apologize that I didn't state that the first time. As for the budget, I am thinking 300-500 bucks.
Kinda 2 different things there in your topic title. I would think the easiest / quickest / cheapest way to get some more low end / lower mid-range pull would be to drop one or two teeth on your top sprocket, Stock it's 27, try going to a 25, or a 26 if you're worried about top speed. But when it comes to gearing you have to decide what's most important. Going to a smaller top sprocket you'll definately gain some low end but you'll definately lose some top end to. If top speed is really important to you I say leave the gearing stock and go with a clutch kit. Odds are it will have a stiffer primary spring / higher engagement rpm which should make it hit harder out of the hole...

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Reports are that Bondi is getting 8-10 HP dynoed with his air box. A lot of guys swear by it and it is, as far as I can tell, a direct bolt on. No jetting changes, no engine work at all. Maybe others will testify or just go to his web site.

http://www.bondiengines.com/

Check out Billy the Hillbilly' clutch kit. Like I said, it gains 3 to 4 MPH on the top end plus your hole shot. He sells Bondi stuff also.

http://www.howardsinc.net/productgroups.htm?custom=8

Should be for around $650 you can get more power, your hole shot and more top end. Myself, I don't need to go 110-120 MPH, but I sure like to get to 60-70 in a snap. LOL

·
Registered
2022 MXZX 850 Black
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reports are that Bondi is getting 8-10 HP dynoed with his air box. A lot of guys swear by it and it is, as far as I can tell, a direct bolt on. No jetting changes, no engine work at all. Maybe others will testify or just go to his web site.

http://www.bondiengines.com/

Check out Billy the Hillbilly' clutch kit. Like I said, it gains 3 to 4 MPH on the top end plus your hole shot. He sells Bondi stuff also.

http://www.howardsinc.net/productgroups.htm?custom=8

Should be for around $650 you can get more power, your hole shot and more top end. Myself, I don't need to go 110-120 MPH, but I sure like to get to 60-70 in a snap. LOL
Is the clutch kit a good trail kit also? I don't want something that is going to be over reving the entire time when cruising. I have heard good thing about the Bondi but I don't understand how you can put a new air box on and have more power with out rejetting. More air means more fuel right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts