Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out yesterday that my '09 600 ETEC MXZ TNT smoked the mag side and is at 40 psi. Dealer is tearing it down to determine cause, but I'm a bit perplexed on what to do next. I know that I'm facing more than a $2k repair bill. Sled had 930 miles on it and was in perfect condition. I found it 2 years ago and was only able to put on 700 miles due work and lack of snow. I figure my options as follows:

1. Repair and run it- to the tune of a pretty hefty repair bill- However it is a 7 year old sled

2. Sell it as is to a parts house or part it out myself

3. Trade it and take advantage of the current deals and not have to worry about service work due to warranty- not sure if dealers would even be willing to do this.

I guess my real dilemma is choosing between 1 or 2 above. What would you do? Any advice?

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
Rebuild. With that low milage and great condition its not worth parting out over a top end rebuild.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
MAG pistons ran too hot. Fist see how the tech diagnoses the problem.

I would say to keep it if you can diagnose these type of problems early during pre-season maintenance. Expensive lesson but it can be made to be a priceless experience. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Make sure you check stator out. Lots of 09's went down because of this, there is an update kit from skidoo for the 09's.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
Volt Gauge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts