Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently gone through two sets of plugs over the last 200 miles. When first started up cold, it has a miss every now and then. I always try to let it warm up but sometimes it fouls and stalls during the warmup. When I give it throttle it runs a little rough and in most cases, it clears and then runs ok and even idles ok until I shut it down and let it cool downt. When I restart, I go through the same thing with the fouled plug thign until I get rolling again. The plugs are black and look oily wet and yes, they are the OEM recommended plugs, gap, and indexing, .

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Skidoo doesnt index pluhs any more. They have determined it is unneccesary.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw another thread talking about an Etec running on one cylinder until doing some work on the DESS connection on the back of the DESS post. Interesting thing is that last week, I did have a DESS plug issue that was ultimately resolve by using my backup plug when the original one would not allow the sled to move until I disconnected battery on trail for a few minutes. Since then, the fouling of plugs started. I wonder if moisture or something is messing up the commincatiom here and alowing plugs to foul and therfore the other instance where it runs on one cylnder as a result...LIke mine is doing. Any other ideas??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts