Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out the headlight in my '08 RS- Hand warmers stopped working. Found out after the fact, that its an issue so people generally hook up an additional hand warmer element (im assuming to act as a capacitor type deal and absorb extra electrical load from lack of headlights)

Question is, Are my current hand warmers likely fried? Or, just not getting power becuase of some circutry issue that occurs when removing head lights? If I spring for a $bill in 3 new handwarmers, where do I wire the 3rd? In one of the head light bulb connectors?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Took out the headlight in my '08 RS- Hand warmers stopped working. Found out after the fact, that its an issue so people generally hook up an additional hand warmer element (im assuming to act as a capacitor type deal and absorb extra electrical load from lack of headlights)

Question is, Are my current hand warmers likely fried? Or, just not getting power becuase of some circutry issue that occurs when removing head lights? If I spring for a $bill in 3 new handwarmers, where do I wire the 3rd? In one of the head light bulb connectors?

Thanks!!
Your current ones will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
RS ignition does not need this. Old REV would blow taillights without the load of the head light. I have not seen this on the RS. Break out the meter and ohm it out.

Thanks!!

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a possibly a dumb "edit for bad language" question, but....

Removed grips, worn down to slicks anyway.

Peeled back the connectors to test there and right at the grip- 3-wire element (not sure which is neutral,low or hi) but do not have a closed circuit with any combination of the 3. Didnt check ohm; checked just to see if a have a closed loop, and I do not. This would indicate a break somewhere in the element although I cant visually see it.

Anyway, seems its time to replace the element, prolly with RSI extended ones.

There was the foam pad stuff under the element- always heard something about cork and ski doo.

Any more advice, tidbits, rants, help, or criticisms at this point??

Oh yeah..if anyone interested, just ordered up a new camoplast 9169 track- not cheap. Final tally on stock track equaled 27 missing lugs.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts