Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ok so I first time I was on an lake yesterday and I tried to keep up to my buddy that has a cat he was well over 60 mph and I could not keep up to him for the life of me... he has about a 1.5" paddle track with a 600 cat engine... I thought with my 800r ptek that I would blow him away... here's my set up... rebuilt clutch... 413 ramps new spring cup new lever arms and rollers all new bushings and buttons, srock spring.... clickers set on 3... and I only have 1.25" track and I'm in northern ontario at around 630ft elevation above sea level.. rejetted carbs to 460s had 480s in them before which is now snappier and WOT Im around 8400 rpms... at around 7500 rpms I'm roughly around 60 to 65 mph and cant get to seem to go past 70 mph...any suggestions ? Chaincase gears all stock as well... what are others getting for a top speed?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Check your secondary clutch bushing and rollers, did you verify correct rave operation? Should easily pull 95 or better.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking my Secondary is ready to blow.. every time I engage from a stop I hear a loud clicking and yesterday I noticed a winding noise seems to come from secondary... now if my raves were not working properly would I be achieving 8400 rpms?

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
... clickers set on 3...

WOT Im around 8400 rpms...
if that is a needle tach then need to go 100 rpms lower. (see 8300 on analog tach)

Add 1/2 gram flyweight

If that is a digital tach, then need to go 250 rpms lower (see 8150 on digital tach)

Add 1 full gram flyweight

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so I'm bringing this thread back. Since last year I replaced my rollers in secondary with high torque rollers. AND added fly weight with a dj clutch kit and still the same symptoms!!! I could not keep up to my buddy at all. Fastest u can go is 65 mpH and rpms are surging to 8500 then come back down then back up again.... don't think I have an issue with clutching... cleaned rave valves and watch the operation of them at different rpms aND anrll check out ok. There is something going on... I do alot of power line riding so I really dont go full speed to notice this... deflection and track tension andre perfect... any other suggestions? ?

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got the same sled, still breakin in the new crank and pistons, I have a Dynamo joe clutch kit on it, love the clutch kit, the track is beggin for studs now, next project, last run out I gave it a straightline blast, I need to adjust clicker as I never hit max rpm but I was over 160 km/h /100mph on the meter

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just tried another primary clutch.. doing the exact same... just marked the inside of move able sheave. I'm not getting full OD

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
Howdy.

can you borrow a secondary shaft and change the parts over to try that one out?
My experiences when a sled is clutches to go "X" track speed and it falls short of it with a great gap of mph, I try to have the primary clutch slide sheave bushing checked and the secondary clutch slide sheave bushing checked for dimension (near / at / past) their respective wear limits.

If the slide sheave bushings are at or past the wear limits the sheaves are not in parallel anymore and the belt goes out of its ideal pitch line in whatever clutch - converting power to heat and to twist the belt inside the clutches in a way its not supposed to be.

misalignment.jpg

Gearing

Your sled is geared 21 top

The 132kmh portion is where the drive belt will be 7/8" from the rim of the primary.

Maximum safe belt speed orange box is 145~147kmh (91mph) (3/8" from the rim of the primary clutch)

anthonygears.jpg

Attachments

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
Joe. Brand new secondary with yur helix.. arrows are lined up...
I dint see the comment above until after I posted above with the illustrations.

The secondary clutch looks aged in the picture.

What about the slide sheave bushing?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Secondary clutch sliding sheave bushing? I don't see it on the fiche.. I'm I missing something? All I seen ws two white plastic bushings.. one I put inside the qr11 helix and the other on the fixed sheave. They go inbetween the spring?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts