Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
So i fully rebuilt my sled. Got it in the spring. So first year driving it. My issue is i cant get the skis to lift in the front. I have a 163 x 2.25 track. Gears are 21 and 49. Rebuilt primary clutch to stock. Havent played around with the limiter strap on the skid yet. But i woulda thoight for sure this thing should lift the skis no problem at all. Also seems kinda sluggish on bottom end? Is it the gearing? Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would look to make sure the belt is adjusted correctly and also that your chain case chain is adjusted. But you have to remember, that's a pretty long sled to ask to pull the skis off the ground. 163" mountain sled is meant to keep skis down so you can go up the steep and deep, not wheelie and trench.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Does it have a factory skid in it? Or is it an aftermarket skid?

·
Zip Tie Technician
855 Posts
Yes it lifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whats your suspension settings? I have an 08 146 and I was told the 146s wheelie like crazy, I can only get the skis up in good snow and on climbs. I probably won't change anything because I don't want to trench everywhere but who knows. I have a few buddies with 146 Gen4s and they can't keep the skis down, apparently they haven't touched anything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
[quote name="Flemingo" post="23233137" timestamp="1580263621"]whats your suspension settings? I have an 08 146 and I was told the 146s wheelie like crazy, I can only get the skis up in good snow and on climbs. I probably won't change anything because I don't want to trench everywhere but who knows. I have a few buddies with 146 Gen4s and they can't keep the skis down, apparently they haven't touched anything.

Limited strap up 1 hole from full loose, torsion springs full stiff. I'm 230lbs.

Just did SHR stage one on all shocks and put torsion spring spacers in. Have 3.5 in sag with torsion blocks set on #3. Haven't rode it yet

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would look to make sure the belt is adjusted correctly and also that your chain case chain is adjusted. But you have to remember, that's a pretty long sled to ask to pull the skis off the ground. 163" mountain sled is meant to keep skis down so you can go up the steep and deep, not wheelie and trench.
Everything is good there. Ya just want it to lift when having some fun in praries when im not in the mountains

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
If it is all stock skid and not a Baker updated skid? Try running your rear spring preload cams at full soft and crank up the center shock preload. Good Luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts