Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Quick question. I have a 2008 600rs and it starts and idles great. Sled runs good and pulls hard until i try to hold it wide open. If i do a WOT pull it will pull approx 8100-8300RPM everytime and pull hard non stop until after 3-5 seconds of holding it it will then drop down to 6500RPM and sound like its bogging down on one cylinder and not get any better until i let off the throttle and burp it a few times and then i can smack 8300 again and hold it until it drops back down to 6500 again.

Rode the sled the winter before and it never skipped a beat on me the whole season and then this winter it randomly started that issue and nothing has ever changed from jetting, clutching, fuel or oil from the previous year.

This problem has accured while pulling wheelies in a fresh field to giving er down the groom trail on hard pack. So far i have checked the following

Compression: 145 each side

New plugs

Changed a spark plug cap that had high resistance causing that plug to fowl all the time

stock gearing and clutching

PJ deleted and its hard jetted

reeds are good

carb slides arent cracked

tried a different team secondary clutch i had lying around with same results

pulled impulse line off crankcase to see if any fuel was bypassing the diaphragm in the fuel pump

Ordered a fuel pump rebuild kit but havnt installed it yet to try it

pulled carbs apart and didnt find anything out of the ordinary

stator measures good

Sometimes it tends to hold 8100-8300 for a fair amount of time before dropping and other times it doesnt last long.

Anything else i should be checking?

Could it be a weak fuel pump? partly plugged in take fuel filter? rave valves sticking? failing coil? Only reason why im not thinking its a weak clutch spring is the fact that it still sometimes pulls full rpm for a good period of time before dropping rpm and it also did it on hard pack snow as well.

Also on a second note, i picked up for cheap a complete 2010 600rs tunnel and front as a spare chassis. What are all the differences from 08 to 10 and is it worth swapping my parts over to that 2010 chassis?

Thanks

Shane

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you guys replace the pump with a complete new one or just a rebuild kit with all new seals and what not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts