Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the sled this season already trail converted. Been on two rides and it seems to have a bog of some sort appearing. Been hard to pin down but it takes off hard a lifts the front end then seems to fall on its face around 7k rpm. Just appears here n there on the trail.

Set up: primary rebuilt before first ride. with 1mm O.S. rollers, heavy pins, new bushings, yellow spring, 412 ramps. Team secondary 44 helix, black spring. 25 t top gear. Jaws can. 310 main and a 320 main... Strange? 1.5 track new.

HeLP!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I don't know your elevation but I've been running my 08 with 290's to to 280's. The 280's are perfect down to about 0°F. Any colder and I put the 290's in. I am running the power jets and 93 octane. Check out your plugs and adjust from there. Also look in the FAQ section. Alot of jetting info there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plugs look fine. Was thinking bigger jets since there a little white... didn't do WOT yet. Pre heat switch is disconnect at butt on the bars. Assume power jets are still used. There in the carb. How would I know? Bog seems to be around 7k and I'd guess 1/2 to 3/4. I cleaned carbs last night n took apart secondary to check over. Plan to put it all together tomorrow n test further. Open to any siggestions. Thank you. Live in MI... Snows been sparse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I added 1mm oversized rollers to my primary when I rebuilt it. I left the weights n everything else the same in there the same. Could those be a using the issue? I'm now hearing your supposed to compensate for the difference in weight... true?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Too much pin weight will definitely pull the rpms down. But if it is pin weight, it should do it all the time, not just once in a while. But yes, if your oversize roller is a few grams heavier, it very well could affect things

Does the clutch engage lower now that you put in oversize rollers?
Do you know what pin weight your at now?
What clicker position are you on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See I didn't get to ride it before I rebuilt the clutch. Just bought it n didn't have any snow, so I did maintenance. Don't know where the rpm were shifting really. I never checked to see what weights were in there. I'm on clicker 3. I'll probably go back to stock rollers this weekend n see what happens. Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just FYI. I'm on clicker 5. You may want to try and adjust your clicker and see what happens. It's the easiest thing to test.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
My 08 600RS (the one im riding in my avatar pic) was a total pain in the ...with the bogging issue. For me, with anything other than a good amount of snow would go into limp mode and stay boggy until i got into deep snow or the sled was off and cooled down for a while. i tried all the common fixes listed on dootalk and elsewhere but it never helped. Was fun when it ran good! Not sure what your exact issue could be but hope you get it figured out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts