Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Carbondaddy said:
So, apperantly a 500cc 4 stroke twin, 80 hp, 465 lbs. No blower (thats a same). I know it's not a doo, just thought you might want a peek.
CD
[snapback]712553[/snapback]​
Uhh, I take back everything bad I said about the looks of the Freestyle.

hickster

·
FAQ man
3,848 Posts
Uhh, I take back everything bad I said about the looks of the Freestyle.

hickster
[snapback]712677[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Sorry to say, but we had better get used to the looks. It won't be long and the trails, tracks and mountainsides will be full of these 4 stroke Yamahas.

They are setting the bar for 4 stroke performance...and no other manufacturer seems to care...Maybe they will when they can't move their new iron off the showroom floor, eh.

BRP, better take note here.

Jerry C.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have to agree with Hickster, that is one ugly looking piece of iron. Maybe what it is lacking in looks it will more than make up for in performance with a turbo under the hood. Only time will tell and I'm sure it will be only a matter of time finding out as there are more and more of these appearing on the hills these days.

That whole front end looks awfully exposed - we thought the rev A arms were vulnerable. I'd hate to see what a stump or tree will do to those.

Oh, and what's up with that windshield?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Mountain Drew said:
I have to agree with Hickster, that is one ugly looking piece of iron. Maybe what it is lacking in looks it will more than make up for in performance with a turbo under the hood. Only time will tell and I'm sure it will be only a matter of time finding out as there are more and more of these appearing on the hills these days.

That whole front end looks awfully exposed - we thought the rev A arms were vulnerable. I'd hate to see what a stump or tree will do to those.

Oh, and what's up with that windshield?
[snapback]712728[/snapback]​
if you get that close to a tree , forget the sled anyways !

·
Registered
58 Posts
..UUUGGGHHH..front end looks like an "attachment from an agriculture" dealer...lol...never,never yamaha for me..had the time bomb srx ..

·
Registered
522 Posts
looks like a yamaha blaster headlight and hood, and a yfz front bumper..... looks like yamaha is trying to get rid of left over parts... haha... they are the most ugly sleds ive ever seen... eeeeekkkk

·
Registered
326 Posts
That is so ugly, I would refuse to buy it just because of its looks. And that front end looks like a potential problem. I wonder how hot the clutches will run in that tight side panel? Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
541 Posts
80hp....465lbs......just doing some quick math in my head, but that doesnt sound like great power to wieght to me!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts