Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dootalkers!
Okay, iv got a 07 xrs 600sdi. havent rode it yet, went to start it this summer and it was running then the battery light came on and just died.
Charged the battery and still nothing.
The xrs has the orange button to start the sdi pump before firing the sled right? when yout press the it doesnt start the pump.
We tried a different battery and still nothin.
Whats up?

thanks!
James

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Fuse no.. i dont think.
Could possibly be the relay. this is my first sdi sled
Haven't owned and SDI myself but I know they have at least two possible three relays on them. You can get them at NAPA or Princess Auto for about $5. A cheap start to look at. Do search for "relay" and you will find the correct numbers for the swap. Sometimes the kill switch can stick. Gently roll the rubber up and spray some WD 40 in there and work it up and down several times. This is usually a temp fix but might get you going. Search for "kill switch".

·
Registered
64 Posts
Probably not related to your problem, but my 07XRS SDI doesn't have a orange button to start the pump. With the tether plugged in and the kill switch off, I just pull the rope. Starts on first or second pull every time.

·
Registered
272 Posts
When you push the RER button do you get anything? pump cycle or gauge lights? There is an inline main fuse right at the battery that will stop everything as well as the fuses located in with the relays. If the tethers not connected properly it will power up only for a second or two then shut down. If you've taken the battery out is the ground strap reconnected properly at the right footwell?

·
Registered
854 Posts
It's the relay...Go to napa or auto zone and pick up a relay. They are located in the fuse box under your headlights. If you have e-start there will only be 2 relays. non-e-start there are 3. I had the same problem with my 07 x sdi earlier this year. I think the napa part is AR201, do a search on it in the rev forum. Actually...i think you can swap the relays and then it will start, but you will have no lights...try that before buying one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys... thats my son that started the post.

It was the RELAY!
Thanks to ALL and especially skidooboy84... you said it bud... "its the relay"

Thanks again!
Dave

·
What's snow? It's been so long I can't
3,598 Posts
Hey guys... thats my son that started the post.

It was the RELAY!
Thanks to ALL and especially skidooboy84... you said it bud... "its the relay"

Thanks again!
Dave
Glad you got it fixed. And Welcome to DooTalk. You've been registered for a while it seems, but being this is your first post, welcome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts