Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who knows shocks? If I buy an 07 gade"X" should I keep my 06 gade"X" piggybacks? The only thing I see being better with the 07 T/A shocks is the clicker.
Are the 07 shocks alum. body? Are these 07 shocks as good as 06 - if not I'll just rebuild my 06 front piggy's and put them on my 07. What do you guys that know
shocks think would be the best thing to do?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The 07 clicker shocks are far better. The piggy back oil reservoir is just there for more oil cooling capacity - which unless you're racing snow-X isn't really needed.

The 07 shocks are lighter, have adjustable high and low speed dampening adjusters.

The 06 Piggy backs are heavier, non adjustable dampening, have added oil capacity for cooling.

Now you know - you decide.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Irondog - thanks for the input! I don't do alot of jumping when I ride, but
we do alot of high speed forest roads/trails with at times get some good size mogals, like last weekend one of the forest roads we were on was beat pretty good, not much new snow in the last 2 weeks. And this we were running at a 70+ mph pace for 10 miles. 2 FT mogals instead of a foot or 2 of powder in these conditions would the 07 clickers do a good job? Like to run on untracked areas but you need to travel some of the more known routes to get to the good stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
griggm said:
Who knows shocks? If I buy an 07 gade"X" should I keep my 06 gade"X" piggybacks? The only thing I see being better with the 07 T/A shocks is the clicker.
Are the 07 shocks alum. body? Are these 07 shocks as good as 06 - if not I'll just rebuild my 06 front piggy's and put them on my 07. What do you guys that know
shocks think would be the best thing to do?

[snapback]750811[/snapback]​
I have yet to have a steel bodied shock hold up over nasty bumps at high speed for extended duration. IMHO give me the non adjustable piggybacks that I have used for the last 6 seasons and I will be happy. I think they are cost saving measure, I like the clicker but it is a step down I think. I will let you know next season.

·
Registered
500 Posts
ttt, more feedback - sounds like these 07"X" front T/A's are steel body
shocks. I agree they must be a cost savings - alum costs are up and they also get rid of those cast body part of the piggybacks.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I would stick with the piggybacks. The resivoir allows for more progressive dampening because of the added volume. It also won't fade as quickly in your long and rough forest roads.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
If you look in the new acc cat. they have the new "clicker HPG shocks" for the "X" package, they state they are Aluminium $450, comp and rebound damping. I wonder if they are the same?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts