Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 Summit X 800R with fresh top end rebuild. 17.5Pilot and 470 main jet needle position in #3 (middle). Clutching done by BJ. Seem to have a midrange "gurgle" and will start loading up playing in the trees but once you can rip it down the powerlines to "clean it out" it seems to run OK. Ride mainly at Michigan Tech (800ish asl) with a few trips out west a year. Will be doing the rave valve mod to ensure they are both opening up all the way. My question is, before I rebuilt the PO had the needle in #2 ( leaner than now), where should I be with it? Stock motor, only has SLP can. However, I have an 800HO pipe on it instead of the PTEK pipe as I had a mix up at home. It seems to leak a little at the Y pipe joint. Possible issue?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I made a needle position change I would get the R pipe on it.
Looks like my dad has gotten rid of the correct pipe, so I will be purchasing one. Better to go back with stock or aftermarket? Also, is it not ok to run with the HO pipe on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock or aaen are best options for 800r
Gotcha, is it okay to run the HO pipe on it for now? Sorry for all the questions, only difference I can tell is the exhaust leaks a little at the Y-Pipe joint where the doughnut is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, thanks for all the info guys! Guess I'll have to find a used pipe before I can worry about any of my other issues. Would a tighter exhaust cause it to run hotter by chance?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
07 Summit X 800R with fresh top end rebuild. 17.5Pilot and 470 main jet needle position in #3 (middle). Clutching done by BJ. Seem to have a midrange "gurgle" and will start loading up playing in the trees but once you can rip it down the powerlines to "clean it out" it seems to run OK. Ride mainly at Michigan Tech (800ish asl) with a few trips out west a year. Will be doing the rave valve mod to ensure they are both opening up all the way. My question is, before I rebuilt the PO had the needle in #2 ( leaner than now), where should I be with it? Stock motor, only has SLP can. However, I have an 800HO pipe on it instead of the PTEK pipe as I had a mix up at home. It seems to leak a little at the Y pipe joint. Possible issue?
adjust the fuel /air screw turn it clockwise 1/2 turn, fix Y leak

1 - 12 of 12 Posts