Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea why the fuse for the electric start keeps melting on a 2007 summit600?

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
Possible poor contacts in fuse holder. It should not blow a 15A fuse.

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
Dielectric grease is to keep corrosion from forming. Once it has formed then it is tough to remove. Maybe contact cleaner. Is it an oem fuse holder or an aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
The terminals can be removed from the socket and then cleaned with a piece of Emory cloth. The removal would be the only tricky part.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
what I did on my 06 sdi was ..cut out the factory fuse holder,and solder in a new weatherproof 10 gauge one (didnt have to be that gauge,but I had a few of them)...no more melted connections at the fuse holder,or having to get towed home...oh oh...just re read,are you blowing/melting the fuse at the battery?,or in the fuse box?? mine was the one at the battery,if in the fuse box,I would first try to clean contacts with contact cleaner and a bit of sandpaper/emery,and "rebend" terminals to make good contact on fuse,or as Dagg said pull out of socket,but I think if I pulled them out,I would just install a new external fuse holder...just my 3 cents...Hardy

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Same on my 06. Changed the fuse holder at the battery. The wire, not the fuse holder was badly corroded.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
I have had problems with the aftermarket fuse holders that lasted only a season while the oem lasted 10. So best to be applying dielectric great on the aftermarket or oem for insurance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts