Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Now!

Just got to the site over an hour ago and after reading some of the posts I decided to become a member, looks like a great Doo site!

Ive been a huge ski-doo fan for a long time and used to ride an old Skandic back in the 80s, then upgraded to a 97 Touring SLE and finally got myself a 00 Grand Touring SE for this season. Now that I have a sled back I am ready to upgrade to a brand new DOO for next season.

So the question I have for all you people is this. Im 6'7" 300Lb Offensive Tackle and find it a pain in the "edit for bad language" driving the CK3 chassis. The Cadillac GTSE is an incredible sled but it just takes ALOT of movin around to do what I want. Powder/Ditches/Off Trail riding is what I love, cant stand riding on groomed trails.

The REV looks awesome and Ive sat on them in the showroom. The only concern I have with my Spring Fever order is which model. Im not sure about engine size and these riser bars if heard of but havent seen? I think the Renegade X package from 2006 looks perfect for what I want? Is there anything I should know before ordering? Any input from you guys would really help me out as the Fever starts VERY SOON!!!

Thanks
ZOMBIE

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hey little guy!
I think you are looking at the right sled. For the riding you are doing you want the extended track and the wider track the renegade has to offer for more flotation in the powder or unpacked snow conditions. At your size, I would look at the X for the better shock package and also the 800 motor for the power. The 600 really isn't bad and my father is 270lbs and it runs fine with him on it too. Just depends on what you are looking for. The riser will be nice if you like to stand, which a lot of rev riders do especially when they are off trail. I think you are in the right ballpark of what you are looking at. When the new sleds come out in a few weeks, it will be easier to tell you what to get in case there are any changes.

Mind I ask what team you play for? I am a huge football fan.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
ray628 said:
Hey little guy!
I think you are looking at the right sled. For the riding you are doing you want the extended track and the wider track the renegade has to offer for more flotation in the powder or unpacked snow conditions. At your size, I would look at the X for the better shock package and also the 800 motor for the power. The 600 really isn't bad and my father is 270lbs and it runs fine with him on it too. Just depends on what you are looking for. The riser will be nice if you like to stand, which a lot of rev riders do especially when they are off trail. I think you are in the right ballpark of what you are looking at. When the new sleds come out in a few weeks, it will be easier to tell you what to get in case there are any changes.

Mind I ask what team you play for? I am a huge football fan.
[snapback]726276[/snapback]​
Oh, you may want to upgrade to a 1.5 track to give you more traction in the powder.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would think your going to need some custom suspensions......Heavier springs all around and valving to match...I'm sure doo has a setup for 300lb guys.

I would put on some tunnel supports...unless the X already comes with them.

I would guess your going to need to raise the bars higher than stock.

You also need at least an 800. If Doo delivers a new 800 with 150+hp, I think that would be perfect. You might also want to consider the 1000cc with 170hp, but personally I think it's too heavy and the 800 would be the better choice.

·
Registered
443 Posts
ZOMBIE, I am also a big guy 6'5" and 255lbs. I have an 06 Renegade 800 x modle. the good thing about the x is you can revalve your shock to your weight and liking. based opon you saying you don't ride trails much I would order your sled with the 1 3/4 track that will really help your sled haul your big arse around. I was just out west with mine with an 1 1/4 track and the 800 is plenty of HP. I wish I had the deeper lug track out there it would have made the climing alot easyer, but it did the job.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hold on and wait to see what ski-doo even comes out with for '07. The deeper lugs with a heavy rider will curl over real quick too... I would definetly go with atleast an 800.

·
Registered
618 Posts
RT chassis renegade 1000... slightly more room to move and plenty of motor for a big boy like you... best option imho

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have the '06 X Gade with the 800 and I love it. Of course I'm a light wieght at 5'10" 240 lbs all dressed up. The one option I would get installed right away though, at your hieght, would be a taller riser. The stock 4" is a little short even for me and I'm going to upgrade to the 6".
I have the 1 3/4" paddle track and have no problem with it curling as mentioned above. I simply lift the backend of the machine when I'm not riding and the track looks like new.
Good luck and enjoy!

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
2006 Renegade X 1000....I'm 6' 7" and 275.....love my 2004 REV Renegade X 800HO...BUT would love a 1000 better...IMHO-BJ

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have an 06 Renegade X 800 and if you plan on doing mostly off trail riding I would recommend a Summit X unless the 07 Renegades come with an adjustable ski stance. I have found that my 06 can be manipulated in the powder, BUT requires a lot more energy than the machines I ride with (05 Summit X, 02 RMK).

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
ZOMBIE said:
Hey Now!

Just got to the site over an hour ago and after reading some of the posts I decided to become a member, looks like a great Doo site!

Ive been a huge ski-doo fan for a long time and used to ride an old Skandic back in the 80s, then upgraded to a 97 Touring SLE and finally got myself a 00 Grand Touring SE for this season. Now that I have a sled back I am ready to upgrade to a brand new DOO for next season.

So the question I have for all you people is this. Im 6'7" 300Lb Offensive Tackle and find it a pain in the "edit for bad language" driving the CK3 chassis. The Cadillac GTSE is an incredible sled but it just takes ALOT of movin around to do what I want. Powder/Ditches/Off Trail riding is what I love, cant stand riding on groomed trails.

The REV looks awesome and Ive sat on them in the showroom. The only concern I have with my Spring Fever order is which model. Im not sure about engine size and these riser bars if heard of but havent seen? I think the Renegade X package from 2006 looks perfect for what I want? Is there anything I should know before ordering? Any input from you guys would really help me out as the Fever starts VERY SOON!!!

Thanks
ZOMBIE
[snapback]726244[/snapback]​
get the skidoo fire extinguish bottle mounted next to the exhuast can if you get the 600 sdi and ride fast.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
BIG JOHN said:
2006 Renegade X 1000....I'm 6' 7" and 275.....love my 2004 REV Renegade X 800HO...BUT would love a 1000 better...IMHO-BJ
[snapback]726574[/snapback]​
i'm with big john 6'3" and after 240 miles I really wanted the extra knee room on the RT last week. 150-200 miles no issue but after that long legs are tough to keep tucked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Holy sh&%!

Thanks for all the replies! Ive been studying the Ski Doo website non stop and did notice the Summit X packages, the only thing keepin me away from that direction is Im not even close to mountains (Central Ontario). But we do get some MAD lake effect! I will keep the track comments in mind and see if the dealer is able to change the 07 track on the Renegade.

The biggest concern of mine is ordering a sled at Spring Fever and it being too small or something in November. Will have to ask if im locked into the deal if I get the sled and it totally feels wrong.

Any of you big guys ever drive a CK3 then go to the REV? Did you find it alot easier to handle, was it more comfortable, etc? Also, anyone have that 1+1 seat on their sled?

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I traded up to my 04 800 Gade from a 98 F3 600. Best thing I ever did I don't seem to have the leg room problem like some of the others on here I am 6'4" 285 lbs by the way. The gade handles so much better then the long track F3 it's not even funny, You have got to get the suspension dialed in for your weight for sure I got the heaviest torsion springs from BRP and they helped alot and will be revalving before next season for sure. I put an 8" riser on which helped my back alot when standing but there are times when I could use an extra 2" hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts