Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, thanks for the time to pick your brain(s). New here, but have been maintaining a fleet of beater MD sleds for many years now, mostly 'Doo's, if I have any say in the purchase. I also posted this in the SDI forum w/o results so checking in here.

There is a 07 1000SDI MXZ Renegade X up the street from me with a grenaded engine. I have a 95 Summit 670 with a rather trashed driveline, but fantastic running engine, and am considering tackling a 670 swap into the REV. Trying to figure out what electircal problems I'll run into. I can swap over the whole harness from the F Sled. Would be nice to keep the RER, but that might not be possible. Another (the biggest) issue is not knowing off hand whether the engine will bolt up with correct clutch alignment/etc. Figure I'd use the newer clutch, and set it up for the 670. Any input is greatly appreciated. Seems a lot of these have blown up so who knows what kind of swappage has been done. I wish this same deal popped up on a carb'd setup!

THANKS!!!!
John in MD

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
The 670 swap into a REV has been done a coule times, a Google search may help you find the threads.
The RT chassis is quite different than a REV as far as engine mounts go, I see that being your biggest obstacle. Anything is possible if you have the fabrication skills. I believe there are mounts from Crankshop to put a triple cylinder into the RT, maybe looking at those might give you an idea. I don't think it's possible to get RER to work on a rotary valve engine, the RV timing would be way off when trying to spin it backwards? I don't mean to be negative and I love seeing guys do these builds, but it may be a bunch more trouble than it's worth. You can get a decent REV Thats ready to roll for a pretty decent price these days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent points. I'm new to the newer chassis, and didn't realize the REV and RT are different. I've swapped a lot of crap around on F, S, ZX sleds. I absolutely love the 670 engine...and yes, duh on the RER. The REVs are getting cheaper and will be the next wave for our garbage dump sled collection....LOL.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
If you could get the engine mounts in so the clutches line up the next problem would be the exhaust. Since you would have both sleds, the wiring and fuel delivery should not be much of a problem. Might have to resort to air filters for intake. I'm sure it has been done, just don't remember reading about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts