Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on their new sleds? I'm not a huge fan of their new chassis but you can get their cross fire chassis with their new 1000cc or 800cc 2-stroke twins.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Some of the features are realy nice. I mean all the adjustable stuff. And I'm confident the new Suzuki's will be a force to be reconed with, I just hope for their sake it won't be '03 all over again...

The M1000 looks real good, and I'm glad they finally did something to the rubber-band suspension on it. But I would NEVER buy a first year A-C, EVER!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
All that ajustable stuff adds weight and will come back to haunt you after a few thousand miles and everything begins working loose.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
They're around. You just need to look

Attachments

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Crossfire 1000

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
RSV said:
Some of the features are realy nice. I mean all the adjustable stuff. And I'm confident the new Suzuki's will be a force to be reconed with, I just hope for their sake it won't be '03 all over again...

The M1000 looks real good, and I'm glad they finally did something to the rubber-band suspension on it. But I would NEVER buy a first year A-C, EVER!

[snapback]752408[/snapback]​
I think the 800 and 1000 cc 2-Strokes will only be available with the old Firecat / Cross-Fire chassis.

If you want all of the adjustable stuff, I think you'll be stuck with the new (575 lb. !!!) chassis and 1000 cc 4-Stroke V-Twin.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trail Ryder said:
RSV said:

I think the 800 and 1000 cc 2-Strokes will only be available with the old Firecat / Cross-Fire chassis.

If you want all of the adjustable stuff, I think you'll be stuck with the new (575 lb. !!!) chassis and 1000 cc 4-Stroke V-Twin.
[snapback]752522[/snapback]​
From what I can tell the firecat chassis is being replaced by their new chassis. The f-8 is in the new chassis.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Here HCS link

Here's nuther HCS link 2

F8 142 HP, 500#, 527 with ES & rev

F1000 162 HP, 515#, 542 w/ ES and rev (yes it's a 2 stroke)

darn close to Yam #'s and lower the Doo HP. I can only imagine the build quality with all the adjustable stuff. I think the grade 9 shop class is starting production next week.

I hope they're fast and it helps Doo find a way to put 150 HP in a Rev Chassis.

I'm not sure why they did it. Everybody knows the F7 was the fastest sled ever made. It beat Mach's with 1 plug wire hangin off and if you ask a Cat guy they all tell ya they've never had a single problem.

We all noticed in Gaspe the lack of F and SaberCats. I counted 11 in 1000 miles. Last w/end in southern ON from Buckhorn to Kearney I saw 7 in 550 miles. I saw more Fusions than Cats. Wonder why ???

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Do they have a 2-stroke 1000? or is it only 4-stroke?

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
The 1000 4 Stroke twin is in the Jag Z1

The F1000 is a FI 2 Stroker

The 1000 4S 4 cyl shouls appear sometime ???? I cant see it fitting in the new chassis

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Trail Ryder said:
RSV said:

[snapback]752522[/snapback]​
Pay attention little snoozy. Both pics I posted are in the M CHASSIS not the F-Cat chassis. The new JAG 4 stroke is an 1100 and the new F-cat and M sled 1000's are 2 strokes

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Tinker said:
Here HCS link

Here's nuther HCS link 2

darn close to Yam #'s and lower the Doo HP. I can only imagine the build quality with all the adjustable stuff. I think the grade 9 shop class is starting production next week.

I'm not sure why they did it. Everybody knows the F7 was the fastest sled ever made. It beat Mach's with 1 plug wire hangin off and if you ask a Cat guy they all tell ya they've never had a single problem.

We all noticed in Gaspe the lack of F and SaberCats. I counted 11 in 1000 miles. Last w/end in southern ON from Buckhorn to Kearney I saw 7 in 550 miles. I saw more Fusions than Cats. Wonder why ???

[snapback]752641[/snapback]​
I couldn't have said it better myself, except that the 800R makes 150+ hp.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ih302 said:
Tinker said:
Here HCS link

Here's nuther HCS link 2

[snapback]752641[/snapback]​
I couldn't have said it better myself, except that the 800R makes 150+ hp.
[snapback]752757[/snapback]​
The new F8 only has 140hp and weighs 500lbs?!
Seems like a step backward from the f7 and even the current rev 800ho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts