Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok what do u guys think.... deto eh..... well how in the hell does it deto with a knock sensor?????????? never had the light or beep come up... mabe the sensor is bad??????????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thats what i said when i got it apart

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
talked to al from the sled shed... he said it looks like something went through.... like a piece from inside the pipe or lower inner crank bearing cage .... something like that...

any one else.... mabe big john or kelsey or matt from m.c.b .... [ still waiting for him to call me back from this morning ]

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Looking at the side of the piston (Wrist pin) it looks like a wrist pin clip came out. Is there any chance that 2 were accidentally installed

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I've got cylinders on the shelf along with heads if you're interested...also have good/used pistons or even the mcb dual rings if you're interested.
763 238 1292

·
Always wrenching on something!
2,905 Posts
yeah that dont look like detonation to me, looks like something bounced around in there, it would usually pit your piston rather then the domes i would think, and i would dough detonation would hurt the side of your piston, its usually mroe in the middle, or atleast from waht i have seen

·
Registered
569 Posts
from the wrist pin picture, you can see carbon deposits above the wrist pin indicating the damage was done at some point
and the engine was still running for a while. bouncing something around in the cylinder, did you check your rave valve?
or even your Reeds could of lost one of the little screws that hold them and it got sucked into the lower case.

Foreign Debris!!!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from the wrist pin picture, you can see carbon deposits above the wrist pin indicating the damage was done at some point
and the engine was still running for a while. bouncing something around in the cylinder, did you check your rave valve?
or even your Reeds could of lost one of the little screws that hold them and it got sucked into the lower case.

Foreign Debris!!!
nope piro just one clip on each side.... and yes i ran it about 20 miles with it low on that side [ no way to tow it ]

vee force reeds so no screws .... and yes something was being squished in there... just not sure what it was as of right now...

·
Summer Sucks!!!!!
8,989 Posts
nope piro just one clip on each side.... and yes i ran it about 20 miles with it low on that side [ no way to tow it ]

vee force reeds so no screws .... and yes something was being squished in there... just not sure what it was as of right now...
Lower rod bearing maybe

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Who's pistons are you running there? I'd call bj on this one, it'll take the guessing outta the game
612 718 3861

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
He WAS running dual ring MCB's

·
Registered
707 Posts
I believe when I talked to him last night wristpins and bearings were all good. Kinda looks like a main bearing cage or something got on top of it to me. He told me it's coming apart regardless to make sure the bottom end is fine or rule out the bottom end altogether.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Ring locating pin popped out and damaged the cyclinder and took out the motor..

Simple

Knock sensors have a harder time on a two stroke vs a 4 from what i've read.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ring locating pin popped out and damaged the cyclinder and took out the motor..

Simple

Knock sensors have a harder time on a two stroke vs a 4 from what i've read.
did u look at the pics.... the pins are still there .... thats what i thought at first before i took it apart.... now i know its not..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts