Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm removing my engine due to a bad MAG side crank seal. I need a little help with the stator wiring. I have the two trigger coils out, the main stator harness removed. I'm left with a black wire from the voltage regulator, a ground I believe. I don't know where the red wire ends up. Is there a connector for these wires?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Your first pic is one of black wires I'm referring to, It goes back into the harness. There is a red wire with a purple stripe wire and another black wire that go into a connector and hook to the voltage regulator as your second pic shows. All three join together, the two in the connector and one black by itself and go back into the harness. Is there a connector they end up in? Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the pics; makes stuff like this much easier.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Without pulling the sheathing apart it's too hard to tell where those wires end up. Why do you need to know anyhow? You should be able to figure it out from the wiring diagram. Do you have a copy of the service manual?

·
Directional Driller
974 Posts
With the motor swaps I've done in the past and the motor removals I always mark all my wires so I know exactaly where they go back to. I also take pics of everything from wiring to bolts so I always have something to go back to if I have a problem. Just a couple things that help me since I work week on week off away from home and always seem to have something torn apart.

·
Directional Driller
974 Posts
Once you do it so many times. It becomes clockwork!
X47.75

It only gets easier!!! Don't worry yourself you have all of us if you have problems!

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured it out. I had a bad wire in the harness causing intermittent ignition. There aren't plugs going back into the harness as I initially posted. So, looks like my ignition problem is fixed, now on to the crank seal. Thanks for the replies.

Norcan thanks for the pics, much appreciated.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good deal, glad you figured it out, electrical problems can be a nightmare.
I was an aviation electrician for 25-years in the USAF. The electrical is no problem, I can figure out most of the mechanical. When I can't I post and someone has the answers. It's a great site with many knowledgeable folks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts