Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I've been starting my sled up every once and awhile this summer (First time not fogging an engine) and noticed that after I rev it up a bit (after about 4 mins) when it idles way down (Too lazy to adjust air screws) that it wants to start creeping forward. What is weird is that it does this when it idles down to like 500-700 rpm's. Doesn't make sense to me, when I bring it back up to say 1500 rpm's it seems fine. When I lifted the track up it spun pretty fast. (I mean more than the desired "creep")

Last winter also on the warmer days when I was a bit rich on the pilot circuit it would even make a squealing sound from the clutches at a lower idle.

Could I have worn rollers? I'm not a clutching guru, but consider myself to be better than average.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also my belt isn't sitting too high is the secondary. I'll tear it apart anyways to replace springs this fall, just wondering if I should be paying closer attention to any internal part in particular?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sounds like your belt is to tight, check your belt deflection.

Could also be that something got tweaked and is pushing your clutches further apart causing your belt to be tighter than normal

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
THe low idle is because your very rich...your sled is jetted I am assuming for 10-25ish degrees..not 80...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand the low idle, I said i was lazy. That is not the issue. Its the creeping. My belt was new last year and its barely sitting above the secondary sheaves. Maybe i'll loosen it up a bit, but its how I ran every other sled.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I agree with the others....your belt deflection is too tight. By the way, belt deflection is not set by a measurement taken above your secondary. Belt deflection is determined by how tight the belt is around the drive pulley.

Once you have it properly set, you can use the height the belt sits above the secondary as a reference FOR THAT SPECIFIC belt. When you replace the belt, you will have to go through the adjustment process again.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks. I guess I assumed that how high it sits in the secondary was a safe way to measure belt deflection.

I did adjust it up after the first ride last winter, so maybe I went a little overboard, but I could take that poo poo IQRR out of the hole!

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts