Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that you can't fit the 16" wide tracks in our tunnels but i'm curious if anyone has trimmed a track or ran another brand track instead. Ideally Id like to to go with the 2.5" flex edge track 146-154 long. Has anyone done this, what did you run into? Since skidoo won't offer a new 600 summit with any good stuff shocks/bracing like every other manufacture I'll just stretch the old racer and stick to the mod classes. I would like to buy a new sled and run the stock hillclimb classes but the stock summit sp package suspenders suck sooo bad for it..

·
Registered
886 Posts
I trimmed a 137 to fit the stretched 440 chassis i used to have. Not a big deal. Theres a couple you tube vids on it. the table saw one looks to be the easy one. I used a skill saw, tire crayon, quick clamps and 2x4... Marked it, clamped the 2x4 on it for guide and cut... cut it from the inside... This was like 6 years ago and if I remember right I used a plywood blade.. looked good and it still held up well.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If u take out the running board supports you can fit a 16w 146 or 154 2.5 fine. Can even get away with leaving the supports in and gringing them down but I would remove them all together and install some tube boards or dumpers/snow evac cut outs. Also another option, they make a 15w 2.5 track in a 146 and a 155
Chris

·
Registered
702 Posts
A guy in the Rev Trail forums put wrp tube boards on his shortly but if you're stretching it anyhow then you can buy any brand tube boards you want. I'd start searching the classy's right here on this site, tube boards are always popping up for sale and get em before someone else does. Or just fab a set up yourself, at least all the cutting is straight forward and just paying someone to weld em is cheap.
Search for Trippy's sled and checkout his setup of spars and tube boards on his 154 rev, it's a very strong setup...I hear these parts are for sale in the near future.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no rub at all, yes race chassis. I can take some pics if you haven't decided what to do yet
A guy in the Rev Trail forums put wrp tube boards on his shortly but if you're stretching it anyhow then you can buy any brand tube boards you want. I'd start searching the classy's right here on this site, tube boards are always popping up for sale and get em before someone else does. Or just fab a set up yourself, at least all the cutting is straight forward and just paying someone to weld em is cheap.
Search for Trippy's sled and checkout his setup of spars and tube boards on his 154 rev, it's a very strong setup...I hear these parts are for sale in the near future.
Josh, I'm still shopping for a track so i'd definitely like to see pics of your setup. I had already passed on a couple of 16 wide tracks.

Thanks, I'll look up trippy's sled and check it out, Strong is a must nothing looks worse than saggy.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts