Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. do i need to locktight the screws that hold the slide rails up front when i reinstall them? thanks.

·
Senior Member of the DEWCrew Lounge!
10,816 Posts
revadict said:
hey guys. do i need to locktight the screws that hold the slide rails up front when i reinstall them? thanks.
[snapback]711631[/snapback]​
HUH ???

·
Registered
76 Posts
SKI-DOO dude said:
revadict said:
HUH ???
[snapback]711641[/snapback]​
there are 2 screws. one per slide that go through the front of the rails into nuts.they hold the slides from sliding off the rails. shpuld i locktight them?

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
No, you do not. They are a nylock nut or clinch nut.. so no loctite is needed. I have never seen one come lose in all my life of riding doo sleds..

·
Registered
200 Posts
revadict said:
SKI-DOO dude said:
revadict said:
HUH ???
[snapback]711641[/snapback]​
there are 2 screws. one per slide that go through the front of the rails into nuts.they hold the slides from sliding off the rails. shpuld i locktight them?
[snapback]711648[/snapback]​
Isn't it a nut and bolt, the nut being a nylon lock nut ?
If there's a nylon lock nut, no Locktite needed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
djm said:
No, you do not. They are a nylock nut or clinch nut.. so no loctite is needed. I have never seen one come lose in all my life of riding doo sleds..
[snapback]711652[/snapback]​
thank you very much for the answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts