Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is my first ski doo, its trail converted, 1700 miles never raced 10gallon tank. im not very familliar with them either. my 440 was running great a few days ago. i just put new bars and an additional 2' rocks pivot riser on top of my 6' block, it hasnt seemes to run right since.(it was very lov on gas when i tried it out but it was new gas after the bars etc) its bogglining my mind iv done compression checks and theyre both 150, got great spark, put more gas in it i mix it 32:1, cleaned my carbs twice checked my reeds, boots cages EVERYTHING. checked for air leaks, tried different plugs. the sled will idle till its warmed up then will die, when its cold i can rev it up a little but its really boggy then when it warms up it dies. its smoking A LOT and excessive oil is spitting from my can. its backfiring a bit here an there. i havent cleaned my fuel pump yet. also just after i cleaned the carbs before i put the plugs in an started it i primed the carbs pulled it over a few times had my friend stick his fingers over both holes and only the clutch side was spraying fuel... when i run it and it dies i pull the plugs and the clutch side smokes quite a bit.. please any help is much appriciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so ive got the sled running pretty good its not smoking bad and "edit for bad language" oil anymore. its only tacking to 7100 but its bogging still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts