Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is high speed for the small stutter bumps and low speed for the big rollers?? Manual states low speed is for small suspension velocities.... I'd assume these are the big bumps and high speed is for high suspension velocities.... assuming this is stutters. What if you're hitting the big bumps hard and making fast suspension velocities

my sled rockers in the small stutters, but SUCKS in the big stuff. Which clicker do I adjust?

Also, does the high speed, 17mm clicker ever click. I moved it last night and I didnt hear anything. anyone could rotations? Is a 180 degree turn one click??

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holy sh&%, no one knows anything about the high and low speed clickers on the rear skid of the X?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Kirch said:
holy sh&%, no one knows anything about the high and low speed clickers on the rear skid of the X?
[snapback]691878[/snapback]​
Are you guys using a flat blade screw driver to adjust your clickers?? You adjust the small screw inside the red nut,and you have to move the clicker about a quarter of a turn to here the click.(center screw,flat blade screw driver)The outter nut is just the main housing for the adjuster!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are correct about the low speed screw. However, the large nut is the high speed adjusment and takes a 17mm wrench or socket. You can hear the clicks w/ on the low speed and feel it as well. But I can't feel anything w/ the hig speed red nut.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Kirch said:
you are correct about the low speed screw. However, the large nut is the high speed adjusment and takes a 17mm wrench or socket. You can hear the clicks w/ on the low speed and feel it as well. But I can't feel anything w/ the hig speed red nut.
[snapback]691937[/snapback]​
You are absolutly correct high speed is the large 17 mm nut on the outside and low speed is the screw driver.I was just reading more on it.I just bought one yesterday,$700.00 canadian and I will check it out to see if i can hear clicks on the 17 mm nut.I will let you know,heading to work now,I am late as usual.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm trying to figure that out also Kirch. I turned the inner adjustment with flat screw driver one click clockwise, I could barely hear it click. Didn't hear anything on the 17mm nut. I guess I'll just keep messing with it till it's where I want it. Anyone with more specific info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Kirch said:
[snapback]691937[/snapback]​
Guys:
there are no "clicks" on the large red 17mm nut which controls 'hi-speed" compression damping. The speed refers to speed of shock shaft , NOT sled speed... The smaller screw in middle of nut controls lo-speed compression and there ARE clicks with that one...I had my 2005 rear track shock re-valved as the 2005 SC-4 had too much rear "kick" compared to new 2006... The 2005 needs more compression and rebound damping...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kirch said:
is high speed for the small stutter bumps and low speed for the big rollers?? Manual states low speed is for small suspension velocities.... I'd assume these are the big bumps and high speed is for high suspension velocities.... assuming this is stutters. What if you're hitting the big bumps hard and making fast suspension velocities

my sled rockers in the small stutters, but SUCKS in the big stuff. Which clicker do I adjust?

Also, does the high speed, 17mm clicker ever click. I moved it last night and I didnt hear anything. anyone could rotations? Is a 180 degree turn one click??
[snapback]689686[/snapback]​
Kirch,
On the 17mm nut, i have found that you have about ten turns. I define a "turn" as my wrench touches the left most rail and then ends at the right most rail. It would be less than 180 degrees of rotation. But that is how I have been adjusting it. I use about 6 "turns" (rail to rail rotation). It makes a huge difference on the big stutters. I weigh about 230 all gooned up. The center clicks I have 3 clicks into it. Not sure where your limiter straps are, but I sucked mine up two holes and it made a great difference in response, no loss of transfer to speak off and I have been able to put the handing/coupling blocks down to 2 from 4 and still performs flawless in the bumps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts