Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I was up in the UP and rode trails most of the week. My sled ran awesome the whole time. But I really need some help seting up the suspension. Last Year I rode a REV and i know the trail ride wont be as good but I got the crap beat out of me. could someone help me with the suspension setup you are running.

thanks

Jared

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been working on the suspension for a couple of weekends. I found both dampening adjustments screwed all the way in tight from the factory. I weigh 200 pounds and this is the best I have got so far.
Front skis at about 3 1/4
Track front shock spring almost 1/2
Rear spring 2 (occasionally bottoming) ,#3 with some luggage in the rear bag.
Coupler @ #2
Low speed dampening 3-3 1/2 turns out.
High speed dampening 1 turn out.
It's not perfect, but it's the best yet.
Now if I could get mine to exceed 100 MPH
Hope this may help you.
Anyone else have some ideas. It sure is no REV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get rid of it--I rode my Z X for 120 miles and traded it in on an 800 renegade. there is nothing you can do to help it other than getting an M-10. Even then on any moguls the front end is so heavy it keeps diving in. The sled has awsom power but it is not a trail sled. Good for groomed trails in canada only.....

·
Registered
839 Posts
I think Hosers statement is invalid. May people of here have went to a higear set up for shocks on the Z's and love them. Others have changed the front mouting hole of the rear skid. I'm doing that one to mine this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.