Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

What changes should I make to the 06 Summit 800 H.O. Adrenaline we just bought for Mid-West riding (low elevation). Has 144" track. Machine is bone stock from factory.

Thanks!

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
I have a deadly clutch kit for that sled. You can't beat it with a stick.

• 200/350 primary spring (4000 engage)
  • Dalton 25g pin kit
  • Helix

$340 CDN (click for USD)

408934392.jpg

Typical 800 Summit kit in action (open video below) at low elevation.

This is about 1100 feet elevation.

Great on/off throttle engine response. You hear Jonas on/off the throttle many times. The engine and track speed recover quickly thereby giving the confidence to go places or handle the sled that could be difficult with stock clutching.

Hard accelerating track speed (can hear nice track whirl sound increase) Not uncommon at low elevation with higher engine power to get 5mph track speed increase over stock clutching breaking fresh snow.

Very strong engine braking

Jonas here (world famous catwalk) calibration is 23 grams in clicker 3 using the XP 391 summit drive belt.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a hi-low kit from you Joe for Brothers 2012 800 e-tech 146 last year. Very nice product with great results. So a kit for this 06 is definitely on the horizon when budget permits. Right now just need quick fix for U.P. rush trip next weekend. Have many pins/springs to choose from, including stock secondary from 05 Gade I have laying around. I am thinking of just putting solid pins in and swapping the secondary and see how she feels. Right now it seems way off. Jumps right to mid and holds mid for what seems like too long. Need a quick "trail friendly" fix in next couple days.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
1100ft. That's like having a turbo on a summit. Haha. 11000, not so much! Still living my DJ kit. Soon to be powering my 827 motor next season.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Joe...it looks like the best I can do with pin weight is go up from the 13.6G that is currently in there to 14.9g with what I have available. Spring that was in it had a yellow and (what appears to be grey) marks. I have another spring that is a touch shorter with green (and what appears to be grey) marks. Also have one that is tall (and looks like thicker gage) that is all yellow with big red marks all the way up the side. Some notes I have for that detail it as wild for low elev.

Not perfect by any means..understand if you can not offer guidance as info-parts are very vague.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts