Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brothers 800 stared beeping over the weekend and it started to beep just after you let off the throttle and then it got worse. It is one short beep and then a long beep, "beep beeeeeeep" we messed with the DESS for hrs one time i saw a light come on i think is was the EMS or something bottom left looks like a transmission light on a pickup. but i only saw it once out of many many beeps Does anyone have any ideas thanks.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Did you look in your owners manual? Check under troubleshooting and the beep sequence. Might help narrow it down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Skidworth, I had a similar issue this weekend too. Mine did periodically and right after I had shut it down after riding it really hard. Mine only did the beep every 3-5 seconds...kinda like the safety ripcord not being secure. But I keep checking to ensure that it was secure and connected and that didn't seem to be the problem. I therefore concluded that it was a heating problem. I'm going to check more into this week. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My sled did it yesterday too...I thought...turns out it was my cell phone. As we got into a small patch of service area it alerted me of a voice mail!

·
Registered
326 Posts
sled_to_the_max said:
Air coming out of the vent for the gas tank?
[snapback]714251[/snapback]​
My Dad's 600 did this when he first got it and it was just the air coming out of the gas tank, check to make sure that the check valve is installed and flowing properly. It really does sound like an electronic beep when it does this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
bake said:
My sled did it yesterday too...I thought...turns out it was my cell phone. As we got into a small patch of service area it alerted me of a voice mail!
[snapback]715236[/snapback]​
baked, you mean you can hear that cell phone from the crack of your "edit for bad language"??

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 06 800. One short beep followed by a longer beep. And the EMS light comes on for a split second a few times. Only does it once in a while, not constantly. What's up with that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
talked to the dealer and he said the oil hose lay on top the throttle sensor and kinda disconnects it, I moved it and now no beep we will see this weekend he said be ready for a recall book does not say in this secquence

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am also wondering about a beeping sled? the deal is i have a 06 summit 600 and my buddy has the exact same sled but when he shuts his down it waits about five seconds then beeps twice ( too short beeps) and mine dose not do this. I there a problem with my sled?

·
Registered
170 Posts
06summit600SDI said:
I am also wondering about a beeping sled? the deal is i have a 06 summit 600 and my buddy has the exact same sled but when he shuts his down it waits about five seconds then beeps twice ( too short beeps) and mine dose not do this. I there a problem with my sled?
[snapback]717110[/snapback]​
No, there's something wrong with HIS sled.

They shouldn't beep after shutdown...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The SDIs sound like you are activating a car alarm when you shut them down. Beep, beep...

I am not sure if this is related (I doubt it is) but there are a few new bullitens out about the PowerTEKs and getting water in the connectors. It could play havoc with your electrical system.

·
Registered
485 Posts
yes they are

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, so has anyone figured this problem out yet? Mine is doing the same thing as the origanal post is. My 06 800 beep beeps once every couple of minutes. It is driving me insane. I ended up pulling the plug on the beeper. The machine runs great but every now and then Beep Beep. I counted and after the sixth rounds of beeps the EMS / engine light flashes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, so has anyone figured this problem out yet? Mine is doing the same thing as the origanal post is. My 06 800 beep beeps once every couple of minutes. It is driving me insane. I ended up pulling the plug on the beeper. The machine runs great but every now and then Beep Beep. I counted and after the sixth rounds of beeps the EMS / engine light flashes.
Any conclusion on this post? i am having the same issue after re-doing the top end. went through all connectors related to the EMS system and don't see anything, also messed with the knock sensor and threw some loctite in there because i saw that in another thread. Doesn't seem that the oil hose is affecting the TPS. Really don't want to take it to the dealer to read the code... any suggestions?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check the wires going into the air temp sensor on your air box. I was getting the same thing. Two beeps every so often. I meesed with the wires and saw one that was loose going into the sensor. once it was fixed no more beeps.

·
Summer Sucks!!!!!
8,989 Posts
Any conclusion on this post? i am having the same issue after re-doing the top end. went through all connectors related to the EMS system and don't see anything, also messed with the knock sensor and threw some loctite in there because i saw that in another thread. Doesn't seem that the oil hose is affecting the TPS. Really don't want to take it to the dealer to read the code... any suggestions?
So, no issues ever before doing the top end? Can you explain the highlighted portion of your post? Also, is the problem sled the 07 in your signature?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ya started immediately after I did the top end. I had read that it was a fairly common problem to have your oil hose rub your TPS sensor on the side of the carbs and disconnect it so thats what i was referring to there. I ended up getting it hooked up to B.U.D.S and it pretty had about every fault code related to that beep sequence (about 20). Which made the dealer think it was the ECM tweaking out. Im going to clean up the ECM tonight and put some more di-electric grease on it and see if that does the trick. Thanks for the replies, im to get out there soon so any suggestions are appreciated

1 - 20 of 21 Posts