Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You just saved me about $9,000.00
I'll just keep my 04. Hate to say this but I belive this will be the year Polaris and Cat overtake Doo in sales. How many people are going to spend that kind of money on a 1000cc renegade X package?? You know it's going to be over 11,000

Should have come out with that potent 700

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
saltalarev said:
I'll just keep my 04. Hate to say this but I belive this will be the year Polaris and Cat overtake Doo in sales. How many people are going to spend that kind of money on a 1000cc renegade X package?? You know it's going to be over 11,000

[snapback]309285[/snapback]​
I agree with you salty, I was planning on keep my '04 for atleast another 2 years anyways. That renegade would be one NASTY machine though.

·
Phil in the NEK
985 Posts
If you think about it what did you expect? Imagine how many 05's are left in dealer show rooms. Everyone always wants new sleds to come out every year. If they spent all the $ and producing these sleds how many people would buy them? I know a lot of people (me included) that usually get 2000 + miles in a season - I got 350 so far. I know I would not go out and buy an 06 if I had an 05 with 350 miles on it - I do not care how nice the new machines where. I am not really defending doo but pointing out what any of us would do if we owned a company so dependant on weather.

don't know if I made sense but that is my 2c.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SnoHun said:
If you think about it what did you expect? Imagine how many 05's are left in dealer show rooms. Everyone always wants new sleds to come out every year. If they spent all the $ and producing these sleds how many people would buy them? I know a lot of people (me included) that usually get 2000 + miles in a season - I got 350 so far. I know I would not go out and buy an 06 if I had an 05 with 350 miles on it - I do not care how nice the new machines where. I am not really defending doo but pointing out what any of us would do if we owned a company so dependant on weather.

[snapback]309295[/snapback]​
I agree but they cannot predict the weather. They have to come out with new and improved models to keep customers interested snow or no snow. I am sure that 1000cc X will be sweet but how many people can throw that kind of money around for a snowmobile that may see less than 500 miles in a season? I planned on keeping my 04 anyways but it would have been cool to see a 700 class sled that competes with the F7.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Not the excitement we might have been looking for, but I don't see AC and Poo overtaking in sales. Actually, if you think about it in a certain way, it will be physically impossible for them to do so because they don't have enough 06 certified sleds to sell to overtake anybody. The squeeze is on them from that angle, I can only assume that they don't have any EPA 2 strokes because they don't have the ability to produce them? What would be the advantage of holding back? Aren't compliant sleds being produced now earning EPA brownie points?

·
Registered
249 Posts
What would be the advantage of holding back?
Hard to produce what you don't have

Aren't compliant sleds being produced now earning EPA brownie points?
You are correct, they do gain EPA brownie points.

My understanding is that EPA for 2006 is 50% of sales need to be compliant (including points earned up to 2006). There is also some formula where big cc engines earn more points than small ones. BRP is definately in the driver seat...excluding yamafour.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
SnoHun said:

[snapback]309295[/snapback]​
Excellent points! SD dealers seem to have a lot less "leftover" sleds around then other dealers. Especially in my area. The AC dealer in my town has at least 60 new AC's in crates. That includes some 2003's still in crates! OUCH! The ski-doo dealers I know around here (MN) are mostly sold out. Some dealers have sleds left, but that is because they wouldn't take trade ins due to having to many used sleds.

BRP is being smart by keeping the 2006's mostly the same and doing some minor refinements. Just think how many new sleds the other brand dealers are going to have left due to new technologies. I bet the Ski-doo dealers have a tough year selling the ZX chassis in 2003!

·
Registered
412 Posts
saltalarev said:

Sorry but you are on crack! Even if Poo comes out with a 600,700,800 fusion they will still have all that edge chassis junk that the dealers are sittin on! They may go to number 1 by units alone but it doesn't help the R&D department if you have to give them away to sell them. I know the fusion was only a 900 but there are plenty of ZR900's out there, this sled did not sell because it is not a big enough move for the sport. By the time Poo gets rid of all the leftovers next season will be over and the dealers will be sittin on 06' fusions!

·
Registered
188 Posts
saltalarev said:

Agreed. Cept...
I wanted an 800SDI Mach 1 / RT...

Don't think their #1 will be challenged for a couple of years.....we'll see.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
doo rider said:
500SS is not available in the X package. and it is carbed. same 600 engine as last year. It is available in the MXZ adrenaline and trail and GSX sleds
[snapback]309293[/snapback]​
That's what i think my wife is getting, the GSX 500SS, as soon as she makes up her mind..

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
saltalarev said:

I think that new MXZX 1000 Gade would be a nice replacement for my 02 MXZ 800, she's gettin' a little old. I'd spend the money if I was just a LITTLE more confident that BRP has worked on the problems...

You think BRP has improved some of the crap that has plaqued the REVs for the past few years ?? I'm just being cautious, but it sounds NICE..

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I planned on keeping my 04 anyways but it would have been cool to see a 700 class sled that competes with the F7.
If you want a sled to keep up with the F7 then buy an 800HO Powertek! I am sure that Doo COULD make a 700 to beat the F7 if you want a sled with a 13.5" wide track that is inferior to the Rev in every other way except in a straight line. I agree it would be nice to see a potent 700 (or any engine not designated Series III LOL) but it would be tough to do it without putting on a scrawny a$$ track like Cat runs.

I am not sticking up for Series III engines because I think Rotax can do alot better in terms of power and reliability. The issues that these Series IIIs have are ridiculous!

When the Rev came out Doo turned the industry upside down with new technology unmatched by any other manufacturer. The competition still has not caught up! I think for the most part Doo is doing the right think by sitting back, refining the existing products, and hopefully, getting back on the quality bandwagon that they have fallen off of the last few years.

Also, I predict that Cat is all done with the F series. I suspect that the high performance flatlander sleds will be on the M chassis (or similar) for 06. That 15 inch track will even things up again. It should be enough of a difference to make the MXZ600 at least even with the 'new' F6 and the MXZ800 should more easily beat the 'new' F7. If they do go to the M (or similar) rider forward chassis you can attribute that to another move to try to keep up with the Rev. If the Rev would not have come out the F chassis would be out another 2 or more years.

After saying all that I want to see Doo focus on regaining quality and making incremental fine tuning type of changes. I also think that they need to pursue low emission 2-stroke AND 4 stroke technology. There are many people that will never give low emission 2-strokes a chance even if they get better mileage and have lower emissions than a 4 stroke. Keep in mind that Doo has been making 06 compliant sleds for two going on 3 years. No one including Yamaha can say that! Also, putting old tech bike engines in a sled like Yamaha is doing is not exactly new technology.

I don't think Polaris or Cat can take over #1 from Doo for 06 but I think Yami will move up from #4!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ive hardly used the ones I own this year as it is! Im not all that impreesed with the lineup either! If that is in fact it. I will never own anything over an 800. And Im so happy with my 600s, I dont even see me buying one of these either! I like my powerful, lightweight, bitchin 600 liquid!!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
93gt said:
Ive hardly used the ones I own this year as it is! Im not all that impreesed with the lineup either! If that is in fact it. I will never own anything over an 800. And Im so happy with my 600s, I dont even see me buying one of these either! I like my powerful, lightweight, bitchin 600 liquid!!

[snapback]309427[/snapback]​
I'm wondering if my cudney rings can handle more than the 150 miles I put on them this season

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
Twister said:
What im waiting to find out is what the scoop is on the 500ss.Is it still available, and is it carb or sdi and is it available with a x package.Anyone?
[snapback]309291[/snapback]​
550 motor is the same but is available in an x-package.

·
Doo Rider
3,171 Posts
bm800rev said:
Twister said:
What im waiting to find out is what the scoop is on the 500ss.Is it still available, and is it carb or sdi and is it available with a x package.Anyone?
[snapback]309291[/snapback]​
550 motor is the same but is available in an x-package.
[snapback]309495[/snapback]​
550 motor is fan. 500SS is 600 liquid motor. completely different motor

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.