Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im having problems with my 600 HO SDI. Today i took the machine out the shed and started it. I let it idle until it was warmed up but didnt go anywhere on it yet. I was closing up the door of the shed when the engine boggled and started sounding like tractor( fouled a plug) I took out the plugs and droped on of them down on back of the engine it made its way right to the base. I still dont have it out and im wondering if you guys know any easy tricks(i called the dealer he said to tip the machine and see if the shows its self then get it with a magnet on a stick no luck) so i pout in an almost new set of plugs and it started but still sounded like it was only running on one side. really boggy and would only rev to 3000 RPM. so then i got a brandnew set and put in there. It wouldnt even start after that. I tried checking the fire and had lots. It seamed like it was getting gas. But every sigle time i tried pulling it over i would get a single BEEP then the humming noise that i usually get from the gas presurizing again. I checked the teather and the kill switch and they seam to be ok. I started priming the head with Gas and the machine would start but still not idle and was really boggy and useless... I let the engine kill itself and tried over and over again. Still the same thing. so i then stuck it in a heated garage for tonight and im gonna see what happens maybe the gas lines are frozen. So i will see what tomorrow brings. Until then anyone on here who can help me with this problem it would be greatly appericated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Renegade Rider 06 said:
Hey, Im having problems with my 600 HO SDI. Today i took the machine out the shed and started it. I let it idle until it was warmed up but didnt go anywhere on it yet. I was closing up the door of the shed when the engine boggled and started sounding like tractor( fouled a plug) I took out the plugs and droped on of them down on back of the engine it made its way right to the base. I still dont have it out and im wondering if you guys know any easy tricks(i called the dealer he said to tip the machine and see if the shows its self then get it with a magnet on a stick no luck) so i pout in an almost new set of plugs and it started but still sounded like it was only running on one side. really boggy and would only rev to 3000 RPM. so then i got a brand-new set and put in there. It wouldn't even start after that. I tried checking the fire and had lots. It seamed like it was getting gas. But every single time i tried pulling it over i would get a single BEEP then the humming noise that i usually get from the gas pressurizing again. I checked the teather and the kill switch and they seam to be ok. I started priming the head with Gas and the machine would start but still not idle and was really boggy and useless... I let the engine kill itself and tried over and over again. Still the same thing. so i then stuck it in a heated garage for tonight and im gonna see what happens maybe the gas lines are frozen. So i will see what tomorrow brings. Until then anyone on here who can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
[snapback]745899[/snapback]​
I think you are doing the right thing....Process of elimination.....If it runs after thaw make sure you put Iso in it to pull the water out of gas. Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, Thanks for your imput. It seamed to be electronics related to me too. But after priming it and it burned the gas then started to pick it up alittle but not enough to idle and run on its own i found it weird. I checked the fuse by the battery and it was good. However i didnt have a look at the rest of them. Hopefully the thaw works. I will put some Iso in it and when i get the chance gonna take it to the dealer to make sure all is ok. Anyone else got any suggestions.??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.