Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit frustrated with this sled & the way it is running! Have 650 miles on so far
250 stock , 400 with pipes & boondocker!
Stock was having cold start issues as were a lot of other owners of this sled.
Installed pipes & efi box set to parameters specified by crankshop.
Have tryed slight adjustments to control box to lean down idle for start up still
fouling mag side plug when trying to start-up on cold(10 or below temps.)
Any suggestions for this setup would be appriciated.

·
Registered
522 Posts
oldiespeedster said:
I am a bit frustrated with this sled & the way it is running! Have 650 miles on so far
Have tryed slight adjustments to control box to lean down idle for start up still
[snapback]730175[/snapback]​
I was told by a very reliable source that the Boondocker box will have no effect on startup or idle.

·
Registered
437 Posts
oldiespeedster said:
I am not sure if this will help you but I have an 05(with 05 mapping) with CS pipes.I had to lean it down alot thruout the powerband over the CS settings mostly the low rpm settings,but go easy because it is very sensative at low load settings.That was on my 1000 before I big bored it.My big bore had to go down on the settings alot over Bikemans settings also.I know the 06 mapping is differant but I hope this helps.

·
Registered
893 Posts
gummy said:
oldiespeedster said:
I was told by a very reliable source that the Boondocker box will have no effect on startup or idle.
[snapback]730735[/snapback]​
Not true.

The 3000rpm low throttle position setting on the boondocker will assist the idle and start up. If you are fouling plugs you may be too lean, use the box to go around plus 5 test from there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here are the original numbers i was given and had in,

3000- 6,7,4
5000-7,7,5
6000-6,6,6
7800-3,2,1

i have crankshop pipes and boon box and these numbers are the ones i had in there, and it did not foul a plug, but i do have a new set of numbers for more top end, i will post them later, my machine is in shop for coolant recall so i dont remeber the numbers, but no foul plugs no problems runs strong. so if u want those numbers send me a message to remind me, i am very forgetfull, hope everything works out for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts