Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at trading up to a 800 Renegade next year if a guy can get one. looking for a little more power with the longer track. Give me your imput

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
There has been mixed reviews on Skidoo's reliability of their '05,'06 800's. It appears the 800's are changing a little for '07, but I am still not convinced I won't buy anything that dosen't say SDI on it. I am have a '05 800 Gade with the Powertek, it has blown up twice this year. Abolutlely love the sled, the ride, power, you will love the longer track. I just think their 800 program is in question at this point(Iknow guys who had had goo luck, but it is just my feelings) and next years changes have not convinced me. I think I will be going to a 1000 SDI Gade for next year, I know the SDI is not the complete problem solver but I have zero faith in the current 800's after my terrible experience this year, I just have to try something different, I know it will be a Gade though. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My twin brother and I both have 06 Renegade x 800s, and we love them. Both of us are on crutches right now, so we haven't gotten a whole lot of riding in yet. From the riding I have done though, the sled is awesome. It'll lift the skis at any speed. Very fast, very smooth and stable. Two of my friends have the 600H.O. and the 600 SDI, they are good sleds, but the 8s are faster and snappier. We haven't had any trouble with them yet, its a good motor. I dont know exactly what you wanted to know, but I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I have a 600 gade and i love it! 800 should have a little more on top. I am going to try the ice ripper track next season. Should shed a few pounds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know some people are having problems with the motor, so I hope I dont have any problems in the future, but so far here in ALaska we haven't had a lot of complaints. You'll love the longer and wider track. Iv'e ridden short track sleds in the mountains, so it is possible with a deeper lug, but the 136 is so much better and easier to ride up there, especially with a 1.75 or 2" deep lugs. Renegades are great.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love my Renegade! It's perfect for the type of riding I do. I ride aggressive and spend 75% of the time off-trail. My only reget is not getting one sooner!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
skidoo102 said:
Looking at trading up to a 800 Renegade next year if a guy can get one. looking for a little more power with the longer track. Give me your imput

[snapback]737626[/snapback]​
I love Mine!
I rode it about 30 feet ontop of 6 feet deep rather soft snow and would have been fine If I could have figured out how to steer it away from the tree top that stoped me. I then sunk about 4 feet!
Mine seem to top out at anout 95 mph - but if I had more opportunity it may have broke 100. It Run So nice at WOT - sounds good!
MPG is not so great - about 12 or so.
I have about 1050 miles on mine - no probles at all.
Pull start is not as bad as I thought it would be.
Just Love it!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an 06 Renegade 600SDI X package right now. i love the longer and wider track. But i guess i'm looking for some more power when i get in the deeper snow and for lake racing. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I love my 800 gade x best machine I have ever had when it is working but I am on my fifth motor and probabley be the sixth before the end of the season. The last pop was my fault though. But the rest wern't though. When you get in the steep and deep the 800 is the way to go. My buddies 06 600 gade is a sweet machine but in the realy deep stuff it needs more snap it seems to get bogged down. Or I could just be to used to the 800. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 06 800HO with almost 2000 miles. I have had no problems. I love the machine, great on the bumps, handles the trail well and goes off trail. It is a dream sled.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I know several have had issues/problems with their pTek 800 'gades, I'm not going to discredit them. However, I have had nothing but GOOD luck (knock on wood) with my 800's. I've owned a 2004 800 'gade (2600 miles before trade-in)and now an '06 800 ptek 'gade with 900 miles of trouble free miles. Great sled(s).

·
Just Killin' Time Till Summer
1,258 Posts
I have an 06 800 so far its been trouble free.
hands down the best sled I have ever owned.
Not the fastest (100 MPH on spedo)
I have a 700 Grand Tourning Sport (104 on spedo)
and my Formula III (112 on spedo)
but for an on/off trail machine its a dream.
the 136 X 16 is great in the deep snow.
I have pushed snow to the head light and not got stuck.
For the best of both worlds get the Renegade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts