Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I had trouble with my 06 Renegade SDI in Michigan a while back. I run full xps synthetic in it and 89 octane fuel. The first day I had it out I put on 175 miles and it ran like a dream, but the second day, just after climing South Range hill near Houghton it shut down on me while I was clipping down the trail about 70. The whole dash started blinking and I lost all power. After I shut it down and started it back up it ran fine. Five miles later it did it again. I checked everything over and then drove it about 15 miles back to Houghton and seemed to run completely normal. We trailered to Hurley that night and the guys at Ave's in Hurley said my computer was sh&% and that I needed a new one. So I spent the next four days riding a buddies old one. My dealer at home called Ski-Doo and the said they have no record of suggesting a new computer and they couldn't find any error codes so they gave it back to me. That was back around X-mas and now just this week news came from Ski Doo that there seems to be a "glitch" in the computer. Apparently if on some if you run around 60-70 mph for a couple miles the computer will go into a limp mode. They said they were hoping that know one would find it. So it's now at the dealership for an update. I hope this helps someone else cause it really frustrated me.

-Jake

·
Registered
647 Posts
I had my 06 SDI Renegade cut out and drop to idle while going around 90MPH on a lake this past Sat. I let off the gas and hit it again and off it went fine. I was going that speed for about 2 miles straight when it happened. I have never had a problem with my wife's 06 SDI GSX with it cutting out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
jd4life2001 said:
Hey guys,
So I had trouble with my 06 Renegade SDI in Michigan a while back. I run full xps synthetic in it and 89 octane fuel. The first day I had it out I put on 175 miles and it ran like a dream, but the second day, just after climing South Range hill near Houghton it shut down on me while I was clipping down the trail about 70. The whole dash started blinking and I lost all power. After I shut it down and started it back up it ran fine. Five miles later it did it again. I checked everything over and then drove it about 15 miles back to Houghton and seemed to run completely normal. We trailered to Hurley that night and the guys at Ave's in Hurley said my computer was sh&% and that I needed a new one. So I spent the next four days riding a buddies old one. My dealer at home called Ski-Doo and the said they have no record of suggesting a new computer and they couldn't find any error codes so they gave it back to me. That was back around X-mas and now just this week news came from Ski Doo that there seems to be a "glitch" in the computer. Apparently if on some if you run around 60-70 mph for a couple miles the computer will go into a limp mode. They said they were hoping that know one would find it. So it's now at the dealership for an update. I hope this helps someone else cause it really frustrated me.

-Jake
[snapback]716340[/snapback]​
I had the same thing happen to me 3 weeks ago. I ran it for 100 hard miles last weekend and it ran great. The dealer said he would update it for me also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts