Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to buy this sled, but all the bad news about the SDI has me really worried. Is it a lot of different problems or is it just the rings?

How do you konw if you have the rings problem?

I don't do my own mechanical work. I'm not to good with a wrench so I like reliable!

·
Super Moderator
29,711 Posts
yoopertoo said:
I really want to buy this sled, but all the bad news about the SDI has me really worried. Is it a lot of different problems or is it just the rings?

How do you konw if you have the rings problem?

I don't do my own mechanical work. I'm not to good with a wrench so I like reliable!
[snapback]704431[/snapback]​
Buy it, make sure the oil pump is set right, and be prepared to own the best sled you've ever been on.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i had a 2004 sdi and it had 3100 miles and the rings were still good. 140 psi both sides. i have a 2006 sdi and i have 1200 miles and not one problem. 04 i got 17 to 21 mpg and 06 16 to 19 mpg so far. yes people have had problems, but not all. its just like anything you buy today, its either good or its not. buy it you love it.just make sure you buy from a good dealer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought one this year, I have put 550 miles on it and am loving every second on the sled. Its by far the best sled I have ever owned. I haven't had any of the problems yet and hopefully I don't. Gas mileage is great. You'll love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DNA said:
I have 750 miles on my 06 Gade SDI and it has run perfectly. You only hear about the problems on these forums...not all the happy owners. Buy it if the price is right.
[snapback]704805[/snapback]​
Ya, that is what I kind of thought. Best price I found was $6825. This is everything but sales tax. I figured that was a good price.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yoopertoo said:
DNA said:
I have 750 miles on my 06 Gade SDI and it has run perfectly. You only hear about the problems on these forums...not all the happy owners. Buy it if the price is right.
Ya, that is what I kind of thought. Best price I found was $6825. This is everything but sales tax. I figured that was a good price.
[snapback]705080[/snapback]​
That is a good price. I don't know if BRP is offering incentives to dealers yet on 2006
sleds but that price is close to dealer cost. I got mine for cost in September from my
dealer who is a buddy and my pricing was very close to yours.

·
Banned
230 Posts
DNA said:
yoopertoo said:
DNA said:
[snapback]705080[/snapback]​
That is a good price. I don't know if BRP is offering incentives to dealers yet on 2006
sleds but that price is close to dealer cost. I got mine for cost in September from my
dealer who is a buddy and my pricing was very close to yours.
[snapback]705362[/snapback]​
Its a gamble. clearly there are many people with problems with their SDI. What percentage who knows but more than there should be. Its relatively late in the season, not sure how much longer the riding is in your area but if you can wait, I would see what the mid 2006 or even the 2007 sleds have to offer. The SDI are finicky and you may bet lucky and have no problems or you may get stuck with one that gives you aggravation everytime you hit a hard bump....Good luck, not an easy decision....

All I can say is BRP wake up, your customers should not have to gamble and hope they get lucky when buying your sleds....Keep doing what you are doing BRP and watch your customers migrate to other makers. I will be looking at Yammi and AC when the time comes. Rider forward is great but in the middle of nowhere at -25, I want reliability....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts