Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well !! the first trip to the UP was a piston seazer pto side no aparent reason. Now second trip to the UP fuel pump in tank stoped working and water pump stoped working luckly the temps were very cold only had over heat light come on 6 times.Stoped at the dealer and told them about my problems and they asked me if i had bought my sled there? I said no , they said we can't help u then. So anyways my 10 day trip was trip was cut down to 5 days. Ya thats right grover, i should have kepted my 05 mach and put new shocks on it HAHA! NOW will i be buying an 07?? hmmm

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Mine didn't blow....

But, I've certainly sat out on a lot of fun this season. Not real impressed with my 1000 Gade.

Waay too many repairs & updates on that sucker.

Actually, the worst "new" sled I've ever had from S-Doo. Got the same run-around from another dealer early in the season as well.

Mattie

·
Registered
347 Posts
thats too bad ez, i know how dissapointing it can be to have a trip cut short. i am a loyal customer to the dealer you are talking about and would be completely surprised if you were treated like that. i called them this morning and let them know about this thread because i don't want anyone getting blasted over the internet without just cause. he told me it was late saturday afternoon and had no one available to work on it. i can buy that theory, after all, they are around there 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week during the winter months. in my opinion, if there was anything he could have done, he would have (regardless of where you bought it). the main reason i started buying there was because he helped me out on the spot with my '03 rev. i said i'd be back in the spring to check a new sled and have been buying there ever since. marlin said you should give them a call and talk to them if you feel like you were not treated right. sorry to get involved but i don't want to see these people slandered on the internet in front of thousands if it isn't justified because they have been the most helpful doo dealer i've found----dave

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
They helped me out last year with my sons sled. Actually stoped his Tech in the middle of what he was doing to have him take a look at it. Fixed and back on the trail 40 min later. Charged me $30.00. I even told him I'd be willing to pay an extra chare to have immediate assistance. A stand up shop IMO. The shop in Calumet did the same for me this year with my Mach (pull start) 15 min til closing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i wasn't bashing the dealer just stating the facts dude. It was 12 noon and the lady at the desk told me just what i said. I would have went to keweenaw motor sports if i were closer but the deal is my sleds down and it is a problem with me. Also they said they were open till 6pm there a very lazy dealer sorry to say it but its true,EZ

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in the Minneapolis area but ride up there every opportunity I get.
I purchased my last sled from Marlin because of the experiences that my buddies have had with him in the past. I have seen him at the shop well past midnight taking care of customers to get them back on the snow. There are so many worthless bags of flesh that own snowmobile franchises that it burns me up to see a good one getting bashed. I got alot of better things to do than drive 6 hours each way to pick up my new sled, but when you got a guy like him who truely want to take care of the customer, it's worth it and I will continue to give him my snowmobile dollars.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ezmason said:
well i wasn't bashing the dealer just stating the facts dude. It was 12 noon and the lady at the desk told me just what i said. I would have went to keweenaw motor sports if i were closer but the deal is my sleds down and it is a problem with me. Also they said they were open till 6pm there a very lazy dealer sorry to say it but its true,EZ
[snapback]725698[/snapback]​
Well since you are stating the FACTS you may want to get a little better memory. I was the person in the shop that was fixing the recoil on the 03 800 renegade when you came in. I remember because Marlin came to me and asked about changing your timing back to stock. I do not know if you were asked where your sled was purchased, but I do know that Marlin himself put your seld on the computer, changed your timing and told you about your trouble code. In fact he even brought you to the computer to look at it yourself. After finding that there was no more that we could do for you ON THE SPOT because we didnt have the fuel pump, Marlin gave you a roll of paper towels to wipe the anti-freeze off your sled. This is being lazy? This is poor service?

Just a couple more FACTS
Showroom / Parts hours M - Sat 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Sun 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Service hours M-F 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sat 9:00 to noon

And it wasnt 12:00 noon here it was more like 1:30pm maybe you did not realize that we are located in the eastern time zone.

I am sorry that your memory of our store was a bad one but we did absolutely everything that we could for you on the spot. The funniest thing about this was you did not leave our store unhappy with us, you were unhappy about the situation, and for you to go home and write this I do not believe is fair.

I hope we have the chance to serve you better in the future

Mark Hanson
Timberline Sports

·
Ready for flight
2,505 Posts
I too have had nothing but great service from Timberline. I have been up there riding with freinds riding other brands and they have always helped or tried to help. I think my dealer only got 1/2 of the replacement gaskets that he needed to do the sleds he had sold. (for the bottom gasket on the 1000sdi motors) i can see if they don't have the parts there is not alot they can doo. I think your a good guy EZMASON that maybe let a bad time with a sled make it where you wanted to blame someone. We have all done it, or aleast I have. I've been as mad a BRP as anyone and happy with them as well. We have problems with are Renegade's and we need to take it out on BRP. Call customer service and tell them your frustrations, if enough of us doo it maybe we will get a second year warranty or something.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well mr.&mrs. snowman i sincerly appoligize . Im really just more frustrated with my sled more than anything,2 trips to the UP 24 hour round trips and both times comming home with my tail between my legs . My dealer is an awsome dealer and if anyone said anything negitive about him i would be fast to disagree also. They ordered 2 new fuel pumps 4 my sled evadently the starving 4 fuel had caused the sled to over heat. Again please except my appoiligies i had no right bringing u into this picture,EZ

·
Ready for flight
2,505 Posts
As I said your are a good man EZMASON.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is a picture of our first trip out! Motor siezed with 62 miles on it. I had time to kill while hubby went to call dealer from a camp...Sad looking snow man!...lol Hubby,s face looked even worse...lol. !Took the machine to another dealer to get fixed, other than we where we bought it...Due to great customer service...Whicah was great! Machine was out of comission for 2 weeks but had it out 2 weekends ago and worked great...so far! Going out on another trip this weekend.Hubby not a 100% sure on whether it was good machine to buy...Cheers K

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
BlueMax said:
Maritime Lobster said:
Here is a picture of our first trip out! Motor siezed with 62 miles on it. I had time to kill while hubby went to call dealer from a camp...Sad looking snow man!...lol Hubby,s face looked even worse...lol. !Took the machine to another dealer to get fixed, other than we where we bought it...Due to great customer service...Whicah was great! Machine was out of comission for 2 weeks but had it out 2 weekends ago and worked great...so far! Going out on another trip this weekend.Hubby not a 100% sure on whether it was good machine to buy...Cheers K
[snapback]727253[/snapback]​
Mr. and Mrs Lobster

What is the serial number on your Mach? Curious if it was on the oil pump recall list. I have the list and would like to check.
[snapback]727386[/snapback]​
BLUE MAX, NOT 100% SURE, BUT I THINK THAT IS A RENEGADE WITH A MACH WINDSHIELD ON IT.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
renegades 1000's had recalls on oil settings as well, mine did. I believe mine was set at 33mm's from factory way lean

·
Registered
95 Posts
ezmason said:
renegades 1000's had recalls on oil settings as well, mine did. I believe mine was set at 33mm's from factory way lean
[snapback]727766[/snapback]​
Mason man, when did the recall for oil pump come out. Mine has been in and out of the shop all year. Running rich, limp mode, etc, etc etc. The dealer replace my Exhaust temp sensor last week, but I have not had a change to try it yet. I am not sure if they adjusted my oil pump, it does not seem to use very much. I have 1700k on so far and have not used two full jugs yet. I feel your pain in regards to the Gade problems.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well my sled came in around the end of oct and i believe the first or second week in nov my dealer notified me about the recall but evidently it didn't effect it much cause i was grass dragging it in 60& 70degree temps before the recall

·
Registered
347 Posts
FATTZ said:
ezmason said:
[snapback]727766[/snapback]​
Mason man, when did the recall for oil pump come out. Mine has been in and out of the shop all year. Running rich, limp mode, etc, etc etc. The dealer replace my Exhaust temp sensor last week, but I have not had a change to try it yet. I am not sure if they adjusted my oil pump, it does not seem to use very much. I have 1700k on so far and have not used two full jugs yet. I feel your pain in regards to the Gade problems.
[snapback]727776[/snapback]​
i think most of our gades have been in and out of the shop all year, i'm not overly impressed by any means with this sled, i do have mine running pretty strong now(3000 miles later) with some coolant system modifications but i sure hope doo comes to bat on these things and takes care of us. we did after all buy the most expensive sled ever built with zero incentive to spring buy other than the fact that we wanted the best sled out there. the biggest thing like early has said numerous times is too call BRP and let them know how you feel!!! maybe, just maybe if we all make enough noise about these sleds, they'll come to the table with something..jmo

·
Registered
81 Posts
ezmason said:
well mr.&mrs. snowman i sincerly appoligize . Im really just more frustrated with my sled more than anything,2 trips to the UP 24 hour round trips and both times comming home with my tail between my legs . My dealer is an awsome dealer and if anyone said anything negitive about him i would be fast to disagree also. They ordered 2 new fuel pumps 4 my sled evadently the starving 4 fuel had caused the sled to over heat. Again please except my appoiligies i had no right bringing u into this picture,EZ
[snapback]726380[/snapback]​
EZ-

No problem and thank you for clearing this up. I ordered a fuel pump and a couple other Mach related items this week for parts inventory, hopefully they wont be needed. Anyway, thanks again and we hope to see you on your next trip to the U.P.

The Hansons
Timberline Sports

1 - 20 of 20 Posts