Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about a week or so when I go from low to high beam all my dummy lights turn on/off like when you hit the RER button and my tach/speedo go from whatever speed/rpm to 0 and back up to my actual speed/rpm?

The sled runs perfect and my high beam does work as well as my low beam. Why would it do this? It does not matter what speed I am goign it will do it regardless. The dash does the same as when you hit the RER accept I am not I am clearly pushing the head llow/high beam???

It also displays (10-9) in my dash everytime I start it for just a second?

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
Headlight relay shorting out. fix ? replace headlight relay

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have exact same problem on my `03.5 morgan and have found that it only does it when hand and thum warmers are on high.When warmers are off I can not get it to do it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try that tonight and see if different accessories will make it do it or not? I think that BRP is slipping in qualitly control?
It's an 06 with 500 miles c'mon a short already? My 03 rev was also full of elec probs like that stator, wirring harness and the MPEM box all within 4 months. (2300)miles and an engine at 2700 miles. My ol' 98 670 5900 miles not 1 prob at all.

I like to remain as loyal but I think I see another make in the near futur. #*&% BRP and their crap. It will prob blow up anyways?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My '06 MXZ 800 does the exact same thing. Since it's only got a couple of rides on it (about 450 miles), I kinda thought it was normal. Kind of like a warning that your high beams were on. Duh, that's what the little blue light's for. Then I noticed that it didn't do it every time. I think the other poster was right, I think it's got something to do with not pushing it all the way. I will be riding this Saturday and will certainly pay attention to that.

We shouldn't be able to push the button half-way. It should either be on low-beam or high-beam. Not in between. Mine is still under warranty, is yours?

·
Registered
983 Posts
When at low rpm the magneto is not producing enough power and causes the loss of the tach, I'm willing to bet it does not happen at higher rpm or while driving at higher speed.
10-9 code that is displayed when starting the sled is the speedo setting itself for the type of drivers 10 tooth or 9 tooth.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Renegade Scotty said:
Not sure why but did you ever notice when you start sled it atkes like 5 seconds for tach to come on?
[snapback]742648[/snapback]​
All good things come to those who wait.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
yes, the 10-9 is just displaying the calibration setting. every sled will show this, the numbers vary according to gearing and drivers.

As for the lights goin wacko, i got no clue on that. My sled hasnt done it but my buddys '04 440 did that a couple times then stopped doing it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts