Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KRM was installing my PS1000 clutch kit and found that my helix was binding and wearing on the inner brass like bushing. It worn all of the teflon coating off in one area... see pic. My sled has 1200 miles on it. I wasn't able to pull over 7700 in canada no matter what I did to the clickers..... I wrote it off and just thought it was altitude related. Looks like the helix was binding and wouldn't let her shift out. Better check yours boys. Also, check your y-pipe bolts............ i only had one left. Also, had to have my e-vavle cables adjusted AGAIN cuz the first dealer that did the update didn't do them right, had it WAY to tight. Even after I asked them 10 times to make sure it is done correctly. So I brought my sled to a different dealer. Alpin Haus in Amsterdamn NY. Brian the service guy is great. Treated me like I just spent a million bucks there. I'd highly recommend these guys. They also over nighted me my clutch parts and are waranteeing them sight unseen. 2 thumbs up for Alpin Haus.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I noticed on mine that when it was assembled ,you could shake it and hear something lose inside,so I disassembled mine and it was one of the 3 rollers not touching the ramp on the helix,actually,just barely touching but enough to slide the roller back and forth. I disassembled it and measured the distance of the rollers, and one was .002 thou lower than the other 2.Just enough to rattle when shaken.If yours is more off it could "edit for bad language" the helix over and prematurely wear the teflon bushing.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt

·
Registered
500 Posts
Mine was replaced last week and they sent the parts to the factory..
My dealer has had two this season so far..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts