Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i need some help i have 04 600sdi x. i have a chance to buy a 06 mach z x. but i really like ditch banging. and i fly through the bumps and jump how does this sled do compare to the rev x. And by the post this sled does not sound very good whats up with all the bad post...? i am only 160 lbs wet if that maders..thanks for your time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
jtmxzx said:
Well i need some help i have 04 600sdi x. i have a chance to buy a 06 mach z x. but i really like ditch banging. and i fly through the bumps and jump how does this sled do compare to the rev x. And by the post this sled does not sound very good whats up with all the bad post...? i am only 160 lbs wet if that maders..thanks for your time.

[snapback]719003[/snapback]​
I dont care what you read, as far as ditch banging goes, that Mach wont hold a candle to your 600X. I have had a new Rev800X since 2003, and just bought my Mach X this year. No comparison in the bumps. The rev will walk all over the Mach, but if your on the Rev, you better get a big lead, because once it smooths out, the Mach will reel the Rev in quickly. The power & pull of the Mach is frikken awesome, so its pretty easy to over look the ditchbanging qualities of the Mach.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The Mach is no ditch banger and if you try to ride it like one you will be sorry. It's a go fast sled that wants to be on groomed trails and lakes. I'm happy with the X shocks, but the chassis isn't designed for jumping. It sits almost 4 inches lower than a REV and is quite abit heavier. But like he said, when it is flat and opens up, the Mach shines.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I hate to say it, but I would seriously consider whether you want to buy anything with the 1000sdi in it. Myself and many others are having problems with this engine and BRP has not been able to solve them. Mine has been at the Dealer for 9 days now. They have done all the updates, adjusted Rave cables twice, checked the tps, done the closed throttle reset, tested fuel pressure and a multitude of other tests. Right now they are telling me that the Exhaust Temp sensor is no good. It is also on back order from BRP with no delivery date. I am very "edit for bad language" off!!!! I have 1700k on my sled and not one day where the sled did not act up, go into limp mode, or just shut down for no reason at WOT. On one of the threads, someone did a pole with only slightly over 50% satisfaction with this motor.

Give it some thought before you buy!!!!! Unless you have a back up sled.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It seems to me that there are more unhappy Renegade 1000 owners than Mach Z owners. Just under 2000 miles on my Z and the motor is the least of my concerns, no beeping or flashing lights and no loss of power. Only trouble was exhaust bolts coming loose and backing out.

·
Registered
831 Posts
jtmxzx, nice pic!! Is that you. If so you def. don't want to do that on a mach Z. I too love to ditch bang. Before my mach I had a worked prox 800 and I miss it very much. I've always been a freak for more power, more power.... and couldn't pass up the 170+ ponies of the mach. However, I found out this year that more power isn't worth crap if they sled can't handle it they way I want it too. It's my own fault. Doo never said the Z would be a ditch banger. However, I am working on making it better. Stutter bumps and to groomed trails the Z is an animal and NOTHING will touch it there.......... but bump sled it is NOT. Stick with light and nimble for the stuff you do. good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts