Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . point was torn from the bulkhead.

Here we were, 3/4 mile away from the truck and the 06 MACH with only 300 miles on it, and while going roughly 30mph, the operator hit a V-Shaped waterbar about 3-4 feet deep, V-Shaped meaning it was wider on the right side of the trail and closed up halfway in the trail making the hit an awkward one thus shearing the rearward mounting boss on the frame/tunnel/bulkhead off and the forward mounting point being mangled as well as the weld at the pivot point of the A-Arm shearing right off, it looked like a deer/horse with a broken leg as it was out and sideways, the poor ski/front end.

Has anyone had any experience with these sleds breaking like that?, and would BRP warranty that?

I've hit all sorts of jumps/landings and waterbars/bumps and no breakage, but maybe with a MACH and a heavy guy and the awkwardness of the waterbar, anything is possible.

·
Registered
230 Posts
cr500r said:
. . . point was torn from the bulkhead.

Here we were, 3/4 mile away from the truck and the 06 MACH with only 300 miles on it, and while going roughly 30mph, the operator hit a V-Shaped waterbar about 3-4 feet deep, V-Shaped meaning it was wider on the right side of the trail and closed up halfway in the trail making the hit an awkward one thus shearing the rearward mounting boss on the frame/tunnel/bulkhead off and the forward mounting point being mangled as well as the weld at the pivot point of the A-Arm shearing right off, it looked like a deer/horse with a broken leg as it was out and sideways, the poor ski/front end.

Has anyone had any experience with these sleds breaking like that?, and would BRP warranty that?

I've hit all sorts of jumps/landings and waterbars/bumps and no breakage, but maybe with a MACH and a heavy guy and the awkwardness of the waterbar, anything is possible.
[snapback]688241[/snapback]​
Ouch... Sorry to hear that. I clipped my 05 Z on a railroad switch box last year at about 15 mph with 3oo or so miles and did the same exact thing. It would have needed a new bulkhead and tunnel with parts and labor the total bill was around $3500. I put in an insurance claim, sold the sled with the new parts on order and got another one. Knock on wood this one is still together 1300 miles later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.