Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend we were out in perfect conditions and sled would only run to 7100 on tach. It had 1000 miles on it and is stock other than set screws. It always ran around 7800 or 7900 up until then. When I got back I cleaned the exhaust valves, believe me they were in a terrible mess, and then took it for a short run and ran 7900 consistantly on tach. Now, today we went for a 200 mile run and it's back to 7100 again with the same conditions. Also, the tail light is not working. Just wondering if anyone might know if the park light and the exhaust servo could be on the same circuit? Maybe has nothing to do with it but I was just wondering. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

·
Registered
192 Posts
68gmc said:
Last weekend we were out in perfect conditions and sled would only run to 7100 on tach. It had 1000 miles on it and is stock other than set screws. It always ran around 7800 or 7900 up until then. When I got back I cleaned the exhaust valves, believe me they were in a terrible mess, and then took it for a short run and ran 7900 consistantly on tach. Now, today we went for a 200 mile run and it's back to 7100 again with the same conditions. Also, the tail light is not working. Just wondering if anyone might know if the park light and the exhaust servo could be on the same circuit? Maybe has nothing to do with it but I was just wondering. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
[snapback]718102[/snapback]​
you have a fuse gone if your tail light is not working and that fuse is for erave too.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You wouldn't happen to know which fuse runs both. The fuse panel does not state anything for tail light or exhaust servo.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. I checked fuse but it was fine. I took light assembly apart and turns out it was just the bulb. So that leaves me stumped on what might be causing my rpm issues. It just seems to be holding back above 6000 rpm. Works perfect down low and in the midrange. Sounds like exhaust valves to me, any other suggestions or thoughts on what might be happening to the e-raves.

·
Registered
192 Posts
68gmc said:
thanks. I checked fuse but it was fine. I took light assembly apart and turns out it was just the bulb. So that leaves me stumped on what might be causing my rpm issues. It just seems to be holding back above 6000 rpm. Works perfect down low and in the midrange. Sounds like exhaust valves to me, any other suggestions or thoughts on what might be happening to the e-raves.
[snapback]718189[/snapback]​
did you change the clicker on your clutch i have my on 3 and run 7900 on tack. or mabe you belt is getting bad?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clicker is on 3 and always pulled 7800-7900 rpm. It now pulls 7100-7200 but worked fine after I cleaned the valves but started to drop rpm again today. Something strange going on, any other ideas???

·
Registered
192 Posts
68gmc said:
Clicker is on 3 and always pulled 7800-7900 rpm. It now pulls 7100-7200 but worked fine after I cleaned the valves but started to drop rpm again today. Something strange going on, any other ideas???
[snapback]718239[/snapback]​
i did read on this site about the y pipe collapsing you can look at if it not that do compression test . hope this helps

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
check your belt deflection.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gas is good, 91 octane premium from a very busy station. As far as belt, I would think that if it will rev correctly sometimes, then the belt would not be the issue, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks for the tips though...

·
Registered
78 Posts
68gmc said:
Gas is good, 91 octane premium from a very busy station. As far as belt, I would think that if it will rev correctly sometimes, then the belt would not be the issue, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks for the tips though...
[snapback]719089[/snapback]​
try a new belt,youll be amazed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.