Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the throttle on the GTX very stiff and hard to control. Just wondering if anyone has found a progressive throttle kit. I know my 98 grand touring had this and I could ride all day without any cramping in my thumb.

Shane

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I hold the throttle between my thumb and first finger. It is kind of against my hand if I am trail riding. If I throttle up I slip my thumb back on the throttle otherwise I can only get the throttle 3/4 to the bar. I have had no problems. When I first bought the sled I kept my thumb on the throttle all the time. By the end of the day my thumb felt it was going to fall off. I called it Rev Thumb!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GTX SPORT 600 HO said:
I hold the throttle between my thumb and first finger. It is kind of against my hand if I am trail riding. If I throttle up I slip my thumb back on the throttle otherwise I can only get the throttle 3/4 to the bar. I have had no problems. When I first bought the sled I kept my thumb on the throttle all the time. By the end of the day my thumb felt it was going to fall off. I called it Rev Thumb!!
[snapback]752754[/snapback]​
I try to do it that way also but I would still like a easier throttle. My wife only drives for a few minutes at a time and I can't finish a full beer before her thumb get tired. LOL. There has to be a sled out there with a progressive that would be interchangeable with the GTX.

·
Registered
662 Posts
SnowCrazed said:
My wife was complaining about her 500ss and I was going to try to convert to a progressive throttle but it looked too complicated so I got one of these things: www.clydecanride.com
[snapback]753417[/snapback]​
So it works good for her????? I have trouble if its more than a 200 mile day as well. I was thinking of a gold finger??

Someone else told me to try the wrist brase????? or turn the throttle backwards = evan more???????????

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
I put a "Cruisemate" finger throttle control on my wifes REV 380 GSX and she can ride for 10 hours without any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.