Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went on a 2 week trip to the UP & canada but only made it 4 days. My gade blew up after 1500 miles. Seems i lost one piston, just locked up while driving 45mph witch i had to keep the speed down to get moderate fuel milage. If i got on the throttle at all 100mph spurts i only got 10mpg,other wize i could get 14 if i keep the speed at around 45 to 50. cylinders r on back order so we will see on monday after we take the motor out what happened. Oh Ya! one other thing, the attack rips and im a solid ski-doo man but the attack just smoked my "edit for bad language". I rode it and my buddy rode it. Maybe its just my sled but if they don't get my sled fixed this week so i can ride? Well we will see how BRP handles this situtation, but as of right now im not a happy camper. Maybe i just had a lemon motor because it left black streaks in the snow were ever i went and the whole side of the sled is black from fuel and used very little oil

·
sledhead
2,241 Posts
Do your research bro, and read 100 or so topics on the 1000 engine,.........what you described is what the 1000 does. Lets just hope doo has enough money in piggy bank to hire some engineers that can/will tune the 1000 into the engine we all know it can be,.........and they better retrofit the older models

I'm still on the fence with my 1000,........i love it just as much as i hate it, its like another wife
, but i can kick thsi wife in the grill and not worry about jail time

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey bro! I really don't need to research i have read everything just my first trip with this sled. My 05 mach had a better motor , should have kept it. Hope its running good 4 ya grover!

·
Ready for flight
2,505 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles, I don't feel as bad now. Mine just went in to limp mode and had the clutch blow. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
ezmason said:
Well i went on a 2 week trip to the UP & canada but only made it 4 days. My gade blew up after 1500 miles. Seems i lost one piston, just locked up while driving 45mph witch i had to keep the speed down to get moderate fuel milage. If i got on the throttle at all 100mph spurts i only got 10mpg,other wize i could get 14 if i keep the speed at around 45 to 50. cylinders r on back order so we will see on monday after we take the motor out what happened. Oh Ya! one other thing, the attack rips and im a solid ski-doo man but the attack just smoked my "edit for bad language". I rode it and my buddy rode it. Maybe its just my sled but if they don't get my sled fixed this week so i can ride? Well we will see how BRP handles this situtation, but as of right now im not a happy camper. Maybe i just had a lemon motor because it left black streaks in the snow were ever i went and the whole side of the sled is black from fuel and used very little oil
[snapback]698446[/snapback]​
Just curious was your motor "stock" or did you have different heads? etc, etc? and
if your head was changed, did you install it or dealer? just curious.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Do you think the domes along with 2 degrees of advance had anything to do with the problem??? Of course you don't.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Warlock said:
I think it's had many LAST words, good and bad.

Who has a 1000 Gade in CNY thats not running good, I would like to play with it next weekend providing the snow comes. (nothing more than a 1.25 track and must have good studs)

PM me

Warlock
[snapback]698780[/snapback]​
i have the 1000 gade 1.25 track 216 1.450 woodys but i am in nny.
where are you going to be? i get 116 on the speedo

G

·
i think brp better smarten up........or their proceeds are gonna start going to other manufacturers. i love skidoo....but if its solely about a profit and not about product reliability............ill find another sled maker. *%@..........is it easier making components that stand up......or easier replacing motors everyday? do the guys that design this stuff..................have they ever ridden a two stroke machine and the abuse they take??????? lets just say everything looks good on paper,....application is a whole other animal! smarten up brp,......because these toys arent [email protected] 10k.......my opinionated .02

·
Registered
0 Posts
ezmason said:
ALSO i want to add that my oil cable was set at 21.5mm and i was using around a quart to 300 miles. doesn't this seem kinda lean?
[snapback]700120[/snapback]​
That does seem very lean. You should be using a quart for every 150 miles or so not 300. Did your dealer set your oil pump? These SDI's run pretty hot and you need lube or it will seize.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2000 mach z and it kicks butt. The Z 1000's and the 1000 ren.gades cant touch me on the lake.
(i am souped up a bit mind you but still an 800 cc). 2 of my friends have 1000 MXZ Renagades, They also leave a black trail along the cab. I think they come a little too rich from the factory.
They get out of the hole good but no top end. I dont want toinsult anyone but they are not what they made them out to be.
Good fuel millage and sharp tho.

New Brunswick

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ezmason said:
U know what hook man the more i think about your comment i think i 'd would like to beat your "edit for bad language"

ezmason said:
ALSO i want to add that my oil cable was set at 21.5mm and i was using around a quart to 300 miles. doesn't this seem kinda lean?
Should be 18.5 per 2006-2 Service bulletin.

NOTE the highlighted area.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
ezmason said:
[snapback]698446[/snapback]​
you just described my gade to a T.... i'm just waiting for this thing to pop, mine also uses very little oil, i can go about 650 miles on a resy of oil.....scary

its ran like it should aprox. three days since new (2200 miles on it). you can tell when its running right, whisper quiet and yanks like a mo-fo. the rest of the time it has the power of a 600 and sounds like an arctic cat (no offense cat people). its truly amazing how different it sounds when its stuck in full rich mode....

man, i was so excited to get this sled this fall, i thought it would never come, now i just want my 800 p-tek back..........

·
Ready for flight
2,505 Posts
I feel the same way as you dgerlach55033. I did like the ride on my 05 800 renegade better, but I think my 06 Renegade rides pretty good. It looks good. I just don't know if I trust it, with everything that has happened to me. I trusted my 800 until my last ride of the year and then it melted down. I'm having the Renegade fixed right now. I looked at some of the post here and found some good info. Warlock and KRM have some really helpful things to check. The throttle cable adjustments and tps and rave cable adjustments. When the e-raves should open and close. So, I decided I doo like alot of thing about this sled. I'm going to take a pro-active approach to this sled (God knows I've bitched enough) I'm having my dealer fix the clutch I'm going to put a Goodwin clutch kit in it.( Thats what the prototype I rode last year had on it) I'm having my dealer check all cables and positions of the e-rave vs the tps. I think it should be alright once all of this is done. If it is I will buy a new SkiDoo in 08 , If not I will buy a new Ac or Yamaha (or Honda?) in 07.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No1Hookman said:
ezmason said:
U know what hook man the more i think about your comment i think i 'd would like to beat your "edit for bad language"

ezmason said:
Should be 18.5 per 2006-2 Service bulletin.

NOTE the highlighted area.
[snapback]701353[/snapback]​
well correct me if im wrong my dealer ajusted cable in the first place but i took it as if u have 2mm free play at throttle cable u add 18.5 & A +B +21.5?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts