Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. guys my observations from about 1 hour ago.I had the 06 map installed and was running in #3 on the clickers. Sled felt good and pulled hard but seemed to be lacking from 60 mph on up. Before I get much further here I will say I am not looking for the ultimate top speed. I want acceleration.To continue..I am running 410 ramps and 16.5 pins. In the 3 position on the clickers I am turning 7700 give or take 50rpms.This is where my sled seems to pull the best and when racing other sleds is fastest.Yesterday I had the 05 map put back in with a timing bump that has me at 1.5 on the ECU map. I went out this morning with a temperatue of 36-38 degrees, a slight crust still on the snow and wet snow underneath. I was breaking through the crust and putting a real load on the motor. My RPMs have gone up about 200-250. I have had to go to #2 on the clickers to bring it down to where it seems to run the best(7700+-50 RPM ). Again this is seat of the pants but it doesnt seem to accelerate quite as fast up to 40-50 mph. From a roll of about 30 and hit it; it is downright scary. From my previous experience with my sled I think that on a cold day on hard pck conditions I will have to go to #1 on the clickers to get my RPMs down.NOW I will ask this of you experienced clutching experts...410 ramps ,16.5 pins,pink/pink spring,and Cudneys heavier secondary spring (my present set up ) will it be beneficial to put 1mm over rollers in?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.