Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the 06 800 adrenaline. What spring are people typically putting in the primary to make engagement higher and also changing the shifting a bit. Can this be done with just a spring change, or do I need put adjustable pins and gear down. I am not sure if I need to go the whole clutch kit or not. I am simply looking for a little more humph! I guess, I'm not a lake racer! I have done a search, but seem to only find people talking about the kits. I know there needs to be another way. Just not sure what.
Thanks
hrdwr

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do yourself a favour and get onto joey's site at mxzrevzone and thoroughly read and reread his clutching IQ. I've never read anything and it had it explained so clearly "CV" clutching related without actually been kicked in the "edit for bad language" and given the answers point blank.
He will guide you and answer you quickly.
I'm just waiting for a kit from him to get to me as I answer this to start on my own tuning for my sled as every sled's personality is different, I'll be looking forward to referancing to him.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ok I will give his site a read. I was just told at one time that sometimes you do not need to go the whole kit just some pieces. Any other info?
Going to read.mxzrevzone.com does not work for me???
hrdwr

·
Registered
72 Posts
hrdwr said:
I have the 06 800 adrenaline. What spring are people typically putting in the primary to make engagement higher and also changing the shifting a bit. Can this be done with just a spring change, or do I need put adjustable pins and gear down. I am not sure if I need to go the whole clutch kit or not. I am simply looking for a little more humph! I guess, I'm not a lake racer! I have done a search, but seem to only find people talking about the kits. I know there needs to be another way. Just not sure what.
Thanks
hrdwr
[snapback]686253[/snapback]​
please explain "more humph" all clutching is a compromise-what are you willing to give up and what doo you want?

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
200/290 primary and a slightly softer secondary....I have both for $60 shipped-BJ

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I was hopping not to give up anything I guess. I am just looking for a little bit of a higher engagement, which usually brings you to the sweet spot quicker.( No bog) I like to get to 80or 90 mph fast and when I can, but when I slow down for a corner I like to be able to punch the throthle and it be right there I guess. Will that setup do that big john?I would also like to get rid of that shifting thing the clutch does when I am ridding 2 up trough the tight twisties at 30-40 mph. You either have to give it to much gas or not enough there seems to be no happy medium. It is not a real problem by myself, because I can usually bring it up a knotch.
Thanks
hrdwr

·
Registered
127 Posts
hrdwr said:
Thanks
hrdwr
[snapback]686253[/snapback]​
I have the same sled and already tried what you want to do.Best advice is buy a whole kit, it will save you a lot of headaches.If you buy parts separately and set up does'nt work you'll be sorry,and it's hard to get help then.Big John is a good dude.
You can get a whole set up from him.If you only replace primary spring and secondary springs, you'll wind up with higher engagement and faster upshift,but not much backshift wich is typical of Ski Doo clutching.You have to replace helix too
with a lower angle to get good backshift.JUST BUY THE KIT OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I may have to do that. I was hoping to not getting into to much I guess. I will do some checking. Does big john have a web site?
Thanks
hrdwr

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,652 Posts
Click where it says "Sled Head Racing". He is also a site sponser. -Grover

1 - 11 of 11 Posts