Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wondering if you can help me out with some advice and information. I have a 2006 Renegade 600 SDI and I am trying to get the stator out. I have everything off, flywheel and bolts holding in the stator. I got the stator loose and started pulling the wire through the crankcase hole but then the plug end got stuck somewhere on the backside of the crankcase. Now I can't see the plug end or get anything in there to get it dislodged. I don't want to pull the motor out just to get at this but there is very little room to get anything in there to get it out and putting it back in place would be even harder. Is there anything I can take off or remove to give me some room to work with? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You may need to remove the air box to get a view of the connector.

I have a 600 SDI on the trailer, I'll look at it and respond shortly

MP

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Like already stated,remove secondary clutch, and air box.That will open things up considerably. Remember to use blue loctite on all bolts. Fairly easy task,you learn a lot about the sled from doing this job,interesting yet a pain in the rear. Lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the same problem.. why they didn't put that grommet on the top or the front, I'll never figure out. It has to be in about the worst spot possible to work on it with the engine still in the sled!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys. I was able to get the grommet out by poking a screwdriver in the crankcase housing. I did end up taking the air box out and the carbs, this really opened things up in there. I suppose you could take the coolant tank off instead of the carbs but I didn't feel like draining the coolant out. Besides now I can clean the carbs up which are in a desperate need of a good cleaning.

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
How can the carbs need cleaning? It's a 600 sdi. Sdi doesn't have carbs to need cleaning....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts