Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, im gonna buy my first doo seems to be a lot of issues with SDI, should i go to 800 mabye? im confused, dont want to be on side of trail with team green going by...................

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a 2004 800ho and bought a new 2006 600sdi. Have had no issues with it yet and have not regreted the move down. Great gas mileage and uses very little oil. Handles great and power is good. I added a Cudney clutch kit and I dont miss the 800 at all.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have an 05' SDI and have had zero problems! I love this sled, but I bought it because of the gas mileage. My buddy has an 05' ptek and it get the same gas mileage! If you spend alot of time on wide opened groomed trail or in the powder playing get the 800 but if you spend your time on tight twisty woods riding and rarely see 80-100mph save some coin and get the SDI! You won't be dissapointed with either sled!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would also go with the SDI. I have a 600 HO my wife has a 600 HO SDI and she gets twice as good in gas mileage. Yesterday for example we rode about 90 miles and I had between empty and 1/4 tank of gas left, she had over half a tank left. I'm not sure if gas consumption is an issue with you or not but, I have to say the SDI's get pretty dam good mileage.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Depends on what you are coming off. I ride a 600ho and it has great power, but the 800ho will hand it its a$$ in a drag race. The Powertech 800 is great on gass too. Less than the Carbed 600ho also. Don't think the 600 is slow by any means!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I had an 04 adren packaged 121" 1.25" track with 600HO SDI. Now I have a 06 Gade X with 1.25" track. My sdi averaged 16 mpg. Same kind of riding with a 136" track my 06 gade averages 15 mpg. Power is very noticable but top end not much diff with my 800. I would not go back. I loved my SDI but with more track I like the extra power. Either 1 you wont be disappointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.