Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!!

This has been my big headache for the last couple of weeks:

A while back my 06 600 sdi engine blew up. I got a hold of a replacement engine a few days after, took out the old one and replaced it with my "new" engine.

When done i realized that it had no spark at all.

I have looked for errors but i cannot find any obvious ones.

I have tried changing the relays, tried another ignition(stator, flywheel and trigger coil),another coil, looked for blown fuses, but still no spark.

All grounds looks allright.

I am now i deperate need of some help/tips.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Did you try disconnecting your kill switch?. Is you battery above 12.8 VDC. Is your DESS making good contact and giving a confirmation beep?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey.

My kill switch has been disconnected since i bought it, yes the battery is full, and dess works just like before i blew my engine.

Today i altso tried cleaning the ground cables with no luck.

The weird thing is that when i blew my engine it was till running on one cylinder afterwards, meaning that at that time there was no electrical problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
In the troubleshooting sequence for no spark, the first couple things are kill switch and dess.
If you have bypassed the kill switch, try the dess switch next.
You can unplug the connector and jump the black/gray with the black/green wires. See if you get spark then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the troubleshooting sequence for no spark, the first couple things are kill switch and dess.
If you have bypassed the kill switch, try the dess switch next.
You can unplug the connector and jump the black/gray with the black/green wires. See if you get spark then.
Interesting. Could you explain a little more to me step by step? Not sure what you mean by jumping the cables.

·
Premium Member
28,119 Posts
How about just unplugging the connector at the handlebars, the one for the wires that lead to the throttle side. That will disconnect the kill switch.

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Unplug the DESS post

Take the harness side connector and jumper the two black wires, this bypasses the DESS so you can get into "limp" mode. It will start but beep and not go over 3800rpm.

If still no spark, you can rule out security issue.

I chased my tail for two weeks dealing with inteittant not start/no spark. A revised post is in the mail now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unplug the DESS post
Take the harness side connector and jumper the two black wires, this bypasses the DESS so you can get into "limp" mode. It will start but beep and not go over 3800rpm.
If still no spark, you can rule out security issue.
I chased my tail for two weeks dealing with inteittant not start/no spark. A revised post is in the mail now.
Thank you very much. I will try this later today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When i rebuilt mine a month ago, i forgot to re-attach one connector under the throttle bodies. No spark. Took me a while to find that since i didn't intentionally disconnect it in the first place! The connector is very hard to see under there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When i rebuilt mine a month ago, i forgot to re-attach one connector under the throttle bodies. No spark. Took me a while to find that since i didn't intentionally disconnect it in the first place! The connector is very hard to see under there.
I will check this tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
28,119 Posts
If it is difficult to reach then that leaves the pickup wire which exits the bell housing and is very short.

·
Premium Member
28,119 Posts
Strange, I don't remember any electrical connections to the left of the oil pump. What would be there?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know what it connects to. I did a top end rebuild in mine and didn't remove the engine so i didn't get that far. I must have unhooked mine by accident

·
Premium Member
28,119 Posts
It's the trigger coil connector.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a 30 amp fuse go on me, the one on top of the battery. The problem wasn't the fuse, but the fuse holder was loose and not making contact with the fuse properly. All I did was crimp the female contact tighter and cleaned the contacts. It started as an intermittent problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts