Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I was getting my sled ready for a trip and while cleaning carbs I found my PTO side carb slide is broken/chipped on the air box side of the slide. I haven't had the slides out of the bores in this sled in like 5 years so I have no idea when this happened or if it was like this when I got the sled.

Anyways, replacement slide is $140 bucks! Anyone ever seen a failure like this? This is probably my only trip this season so I'm considering just running it as is since I have a 700 going in the sled this summer. Hate to put 140 bucks into any part of the 440 mill.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Happened to my 600rs. Wouldn't idle down. Limped back to the house and found it. Also found a couple pieces mashed into the top of the piston.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a similar issue on mine. I bought it used. Took carbs out to go over. I have a chipped corner on the Reed valve side pto side. Sled idles fine with no discernable issues. No damage as far as I can tell. Still have ever 130 lbs compression both sides. It's an 04 440x.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have seen the slides chip and also break where they contact the idle speed screw, and one should never get in a habit of letting his throttle slam closed as this will eventually lead to failure.

·
Ex Racer relegated to Mechanic
3,814 Posts
I have seen the slides chip and also break where they contact the idle speed screw, and one should never get in a habit of letting his throttle slam closed as this will eventually lead to failure.
It's a race sled.......that is ALL they do when you are coming into a corner!!!!

Reactions: snyperxrs
1 - 8 of 8 Posts