Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
steering effort is way high, ski lift out of corners is also way too much. been playing alot with the setups and can't seem to find the sweet spot. ride quality also seems to go from to soft to way to harsh with only adjusting rear spring from #2 to #3. to me a great handling sled is nearly flat out of the corners and doesn't push and has lite sterring effort. this sled so far has none of these qualitys. anyone got any ideas on a setup. the only thing i haven't played with is the limiter strap because it has so much slack in it that shortening it seems to me would only reduce the rear skids drop out and make it ride even harsher then it already does???

·
Registered
4 Posts
skyman said:
steering effort is way high, ski lift out of corners is also way too much. been playing alot with the setups and can't seem to find the sweet spot. ride quality also seems to go from to soft to way to harsh with only adjusting rear spring from #2 to #3. to me a great handling sled is nearly flat out of the corners and doesn't push and has lite sterring effort. this sled so far has none of these qualitys. anyone got any ideas on a setup. the only thing i haven't played with is the limiter strap because it has so much slack in it that shortening it seems to me would only reduce the rear skids drop out and make it ride even harsher then it already does???
[snapback]269471[/snapback]​
how does the sled handle in the staight aways? Remember this is a muscle sled not a grand touring!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't get me wrong i understand that this is a lake sled, but the sc4 and the ras suspension were supposed to be pretty good handling as well. im just looking to see what the rest think and see if i can pick up some ideas here. thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
[/quote]how does the sled handle in the staight aways? Remember this is a muscle sled not a grand touring!
[snapback]269481[/snapback]​
[/quote]

"handling" refers to balance and predictability in corners...nothing to do with straights, so I think you missed his point. Also, Grand Touring was not a spectacular reference point if you were trying to point out a good handling sled.

So back to the man's question...
I feel single keel skis are a better bet if you want predictability. Also feel the nose of the sled is too low to allow full interaction of the SC4, so I am adding 05 800 Adrenaline shocks of front and an 05 SC4 X package shock in the center. This should get more of a "REV" ride out of your RT if that is what you're looking for. Others have made similar changes and have come away with feedback stated above.
I think the "handling" of this sled is excellent. It's the "ride" I'm trying to improve.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I AGREE!!! I have the sc-4 in my rev "x" and everything you say is exectly what is wrong with mine!
I guess it's one more lesson for buying the first run of something!
Let me know if you find a way to lighten up the steering, yet, keep it from pushing and lifting! (I don't think we will find an answer!) Nature of the beast comes to mind!
I don't care what you buy or ride, eventually you do more than race on the lake, ride trails, or ride big bumps! We all eventually ride a little of all of this!
I will go out on a limb and say that this thing borders on scary running hard corners!
This is my 3rd rev, and I had 6000 miles on my last 2! I've ridden them a little.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I cant agree with you guys at all.

Ive owned every skidoo chasie since the F and the RT is the best corner to corner sled ive see and riden so far. I can push it way harder then my REV or anything ive owned before.

My set up

-192 studs
-Front skis one 1.
-Center on (one less then tightest.)
-Rear on 3.

I dont like the front skis to have much pressure because with this chassis and the revs all you do is lean out and forward.

Just keep tweeking it guys I promise you that the handling is there. One thing to avoid with the REV and RT is high front shock settings. It makes them very tippy and gives you an unstable feeling.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I gotta agree with machzzzz1! This is the best handling sled I ever rode if youre refering to running long smooth corners. It turns on a dime and is very predictable. I feel much more confident in the corners riding this sled then my 03 Blair Morgan 800x. BUT the shocks and front ride height just dont seem to handle the big whoops. Studder bumps are fine but it will bottom out on big whoops. One thing I picked up on yesterday was I thought the sled was throwin me around on the bumps but then I realized I was goin like 60 over the big whoops! The sled is so smooth and powerful I didnt realize how fast I was really going at 1/4 throttle!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
ZRider said:
I gotta agree with machzzzz1! This is the best handling sled I ever rode if youre refering to running long smooth corners. It turns on a dime and is very predictable. I feel much more confident in the corners riding this sled then my 03 Blair Morgan 800x. BUT the shocks and front ride height just dont seem to handle the big whoops. Studder bumps are fine but it will bottom out on big whoops. One thing I picked up on yesterday was I thought the sled was throwin me around on the bumps but then I realized I was goin like 60 over the big whoops! The sled is so smooth and powerful I didnt realize how fast I was really going at 1/4 throttle!
[snapback]270816[/snapback]​
I think this is alot of the problem - we're just going so hard so fast - it hits bottom - i ride this way faster on the trial then any other sled i've had

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.