Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey got an 05 summit 800 H.O 144" the temp light is always on, no matter what the conditions are like, and it blinks on about a couple minutes after started!!..i road along with a couple on my buddies with summits and mine was the only one that came on!...like to know if anyone has this problem..and what is wrong!!..thanks

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Check your coolant level, if you haven't already. Either way, you probably have an air bubble - take care you don't cook it - take it to your dealer and he can burp it under warranty, or lift the front end about three feet in the air, with the engine warm and running. Dealer might have a different burp for the 05. You could have blockage somewhere, e.g., rear exchanger. Do the exchangers get equally warm? Or could be a sender problem, which a dealer can diagnose, too. Get it looked at if it doesn't clear up right away.

My 04 runs cool, as long as I have some snow to kick up in the tunnel. I have a temp gage, too, so I can watch it pretty closely. Hard snow, and she'll climb sharply. Bet you have air trapped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts