Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first starts easy would idle at 2k for a couple mins and then drop down to around 1500. Took it for a rip every felt good had full power. Ended up pulling the throttle bodys And reeds witch were covered in belt dust. Put new reeds in cleaned throttle body put it back together everything was still good except the low idle, and reverse was touchy and backfired a little but still had full power parked it for about 2 hours went to jump on it started good but then wouldn't get past 6500rpm and sounds like it hitting a safe mode or is only running on one cylinder. Did noticed the erave cable didn't have nylon caps to hold the inner sleeve and the sleeve is moving around. Pulled the exhuast valves and cleaned. Still the same so assumed the cables were causing my issue so got new ones on order. Fuel tank is completely full 130psi on both cylinders, ended up getting my pod filters installed and just made everything worse. Starts easy cold idles at 2k for 60 sec then drops down to 1200 I can take off rite away with the rite throttling but I am getting some backfires and if I let it idle just dies out. After it dies if I try starting it pops off a little but won't start pulled plugs and they are soaked. After it cools off will start on one pull.
Where would you guys recommend me starting.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
130 is a bit low for compression.

Does it have decompressor plugs?

Turn the idle up so it runs a out 2k during warmup, the drops to 1800 once it warms up.

And odd lights or beeps?

Probably it is running on 1 cylinder.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
SnomoSnob
2,582 Posts
-Flash to later Firmware? 07 Mid Map?

-Did you pull the injectors? Did they back in, in the correct locations?

-remove cables from RAVEs, Once started, manually open the Valves, zip tie it open, take it for a quick spin? Did it Rev?

-Reset the TPS? Would need BUDS\Dealer.

-BR8 Plugs?

Some Idea.

Later

GutZ

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Mine had similar symptoms the first night I brought it home. I believe it was going into limp mode, now that I look back at it. I ended up melting a hole in one piston on my way back home; they will still run on one cylinder....but not well at all. I had 130psi-ish in one hole, and zero in the other. Should be around 150-ish if I remember correctly. Time for a health check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts